OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Doug Camp push/pull boxes

Started by Tom Threetoes, February 07, 2023, 01:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Threetoes

I bought 3  boxes from Mr. Camp. The first one used a coil spring on the paddle. I liked it so well I bought 2 more, they used rubber bands instead of the spring. Do any of you know the proper sized band to use and how to string it. I haven't used those in years and I've forgotten. I also have a poplar shot box of his that I have retired. Any idea what it's worth? Thank, Tom

3bailey3

I think I just used the standard size one, not sure not number it is, here's a few pics to try and help out.

3bailey3

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Zobo

The plain one below is on Ebay for $175 but it is hand signed. Some camp callers are not actually hand signed they just have an machine etched signature and they are worth less. Then, the three in the second picture represent higher grades and values, all hand signed. So to answer your question, it depends what kind of short box you have. 

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Tom007

Quote from: Zobo on February 08, 2023, 09:05:42 PM
    The plain one below is on Ebay for $175 but it is hand signed. Some camp callers are not actually hand signed they just have an machine etched signature and they are worth less. Then, the three in the second picture represent higher grades and values, all hand signed. So to answer your question, it depends what kind of short box you have. 

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Nice set my friend....
"Solo hunter"

Tom Threetoes

Mine was hand signed but he signed it on the bottom and and the signature has worn some over the years Thanks for help. I had the band right but it I think it wasn't the right length. The coil spring sounded better to me. I may be wrong but I think Mr. Camp made the original and someone else built the rubber band models.