OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: GOATS Check-In for 2023  (Read 3032 times)

Offline crow

• Double Beard
Re: GOATS Check-In for 2023
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2023, 07:00:02 PM »
I vote we wait until the 25th as posted and see how it plays out with last years team

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2023, 07:34:12 PM »
I'm with you fellers. . All I am worried about is making sure any new members are worthy of the GOAT title. They better be able to talk smack, have a sense of humor, and look good while doing all of the above. Also, we have to make sure they are physically and emotionally fit for the rigors and demands of being a GOAT.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2023, 07:40:20 PM »
I hope they will have the commitment to stand at the sink for hours if necessary and flush out all the ear wax to be able to hear the faintest gobble

got mine done last week, and only took 1 and a half bottles of Draino to get the sink back in shape

Offline Paulmyr

• Longbeard
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2023, 01:14:58 AM »
I'm with you fellers. . All I am worried about is making sure any new members are worthy of the GOAT title. They better be able to talk smack, have a sense of humor, and look good while doing all of the above. Also, we have to make sure they are physically and emotionally fit for the rigors and demands of being a GOAT.

I don't know about talking smack but I do stay at a Holiday Inn once in a while!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2023, 06:50:16 AM »
You make a good point crow, I forgot about the 25th deadline,my bad

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2023, 10:02:58 AM »
I thought my GOAT-y sense was tingling.  Is it already that time again?  Time flies when you are hibernating.  Having barely made the "good looking" cut last year and seeing as this last year hasn't been kind, I've been expecting to be GOAT-benched.  Ronnie did raise the bar though, so if he is truly out (GobbleNut can't raise the required funds), I might still make the cut.

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2023, 10:15:54 AM »
 :icon_thumright:,

every team needs at least 1 Maineiac.

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2023, 10:33:16 AM »
Your fine Rap. Just being a GOAT raises your looks at least 5 times over. Now if you were one of those killer z's, you would be outa luck. I heard those boys mama's had to tie a steak around their necks just to get the dogs to play with them.

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2023, 09:59:38 PM »
Happy, I started using that xtra strength medicated hand lotion you told me about to make my hands more good looking for the pics this year. It worked so good I been using it on my face, 1/4 of my wrinkles are smoothed out and I found if it's put on seconds  before a pic it fills in another 1/4 of them.

I'm so good looking now it looks suspicious and probably will get stopped by the Game warden thinking somehow I must be up to no good, I don't even resemble my drivers lic.

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2023, 11:10:13 PM »
Happy, I started using that xtra strength medicated hand lotion you told me about to make my hands more good looking for the pics this year. It worked so good I been using it on my face, 1/4 of my wrinkles are smoothed out and I found if it's put on seconds  before a pic it fills in another 1/4 of them.

I'm so good looking now it looks suspicious and probably will get stopped by the Game warden thinking somehow I must be up to no good, I don't even resemble my drivers lic.
Glad it's working out for ya. You need to head up my way this spring. I discovered we got a new DNR lady while bowhunting this fall. If i remember correctly, she is in her late 20s, and she is pretty easy on the eyes. I got a pretty good going over, but by the time it was all over, and i was proven to be a law-abiding citizen, we had our phones out showing each other hunting pictures. I got her name and number somewheres around here. That cream is good stuff. I was out in the middle of nowhere, wearing facepaint, and she still tracked me down and was waiting for me at my truck. When it comes to being good-looking, the struggle is real. So if we have any single GOATS, y'all just need to hang out with me for a day, and you will meet a lady or three. What happens after that is all up to you, but I am already spoken for, so they might be willing to settle for someone else.

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2023, 11:17:07 PM »
And before some Jack wagon gets on here and says she was just doing her job...you can just zip it. My version is a better story.

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2023, 09:02:40 AM »
And before some Jack wagon gets on here and says she was just doing her job...you can just zip it. My version is a better story.

I would tell y'all an amazing story of me meeting up with a great-looking female game warden in the woods years ago and what happened...
Unfortunately, I don't have one....   ;D :angel9: :toothy9:

Offline Paulmyr

• Longbeard
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2023, 09:44:46 AM »

I would tell y'all an amazing story of me meeting up with a great-looking female game warden in the woods years ago and what happened...

In an effort to up my chances at claiming a possible prized open spot on this highly esteemed Championship Team, I humbly take knee and  put forward the point on my resume that consists of having a hot female warden sneak up on me just in time to catch me in the act of taking a leak. Of course she didn't announce her presence til after I was finished. Although we didn't exchange numbers, the look on her face was priceless!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2023, 10:06:40 AM »

In an effort to up my chances at claiming a possible prized open spot on this highly esteemed Championship Team, I humbly take knee and  put forward the point on my resume that consists of having a hot female warden sneak up on me just in time to catch me in the act of taking a leak. Of course she didn't announce her presence til after I was finished. Although we didn't exchange numbers, the look on her face was priceless!
That's impressive! Your off to a good start!

Offline Mossyguy

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2023, 10:35:46 AM »
Did y’all stock up on Geritol and Metamucil this year? Also make sure your scooter batteries are charged up  :goofball: