OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: GOATS Check-In for 2023  (Read 3031 times)

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
GOATS Check-In for 2023
« on: February 07, 2023, 08:58:05 AM »
Okay GOATeses, the 2023 contest is up and running.  We need to get a verification from last year's team members on whether you plan on participating or not.  I will not post the team in the registration thread until we either have the full team status with everybody reporting OR until February 25th.  Any team members not reporting by the 25th will be assumed to be uninterested in playing again and we will look for replacements (replacement priority list below based on OG members expressing interest in joining our squad if we end up having open spots)

The known status as of 2/7:

Team Members Who Have Verified They are IN:
avidnwoutdoorsman
Crow
Eggshell
GobbleNut
Happy
Randy6471
Rapscallion Vermilion
Reflexl
TauntoHawk
West Augusta

Team Members Who Have Not Reported IN or OUT: (to my knowledge)
Timberjack86  (supposedly OUT, but not sure as of 2/22)

Team Members Reporting OUT
Guesswho
Timberjack86

Team Member Replacement Priority List (those expressing interest in joining up)
1)  Paulmyr
2)  RLAG

*     If any of the information listed above is incorrect, please advise...
**   Before committing, please read the rules for the contest to be sure you are willing to follow them.
*** Our main objective is to have some fun,...don't take it too seriously!...   ;D :D

« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 09:54:10 PM by GobbleNut »

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
Re: GOATS Check-In for 2023
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 09:06:57 AM »
Guesswho, how can you leave that Super Bowl team? Your a key player my friend, Jim mentioned a possible signing bonus? Lol, hope you stay in the contest my friend….
“Solo hunter”

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 10:53:14 AM »
Any sponsorships, perks or bountys being offered this year?
after all the promises last year that stale fruit cake and box of wine was a little disappointing.

Has anyone offered Guesswho some coupons for KFC and a new pair of crocs, that's what sealed the deal last year.

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 01:06:50 PM »
I was told by the captain that we didn't have much left in the budget. After the boating accident, we are actually operating in the red. Apparently, we may need to do some fundraisers or something. It's amazing that we pulled off the performance that we did operating off of  next to nothing. You would think our captain might have a little better financial plan worked out by now. But I am sure he will expect the same results with even less effort from himself. Hopefully, one day, he will realize that we might be easy, but we ain't cheap.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 02:41:19 PM »
As per the previous posts, I contacted Georgia and Alabama about getting some NIL money.  They wanted to know if anybody was a quarterback?  I told them I didn't think so but I would ask.  I did tell them that some of our team members were so-so turkey hunters and that most of us had been male super-models at one time or another. 

They asked for some proof of either so I sent them Happy, Crow, and Guesswho's pictures.  ...I haven't heard from them since...   ;D :angel9:

Looks like it will be fruitcake and Strawberry Hill again this year.  However, I will try to find some fresh fruitcake.   :toothy9:

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2023, 04:46:42 PM »
Geez, that wasn't too smart gobblenut. I understand sending them crows and guesswhos photos. But once you sent mine, then you clearly indicated you wanted some top tier, 5 star, pro-style, quarterback money. Ain't many that are gonna pony up that kind of cash. Oh well, when the seasons over, and it's time for my performance review. Just remember you got what you paid for.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 07:49:33 PM »
I am pretty sure NIL is going to be paid in Little Debbie Oatmeal cream pies. As good looking as this bunch is, I feel sure that there is no chance of any other team receiving any OCPs this year. I am sure that will be a deterrent to some of them. We could always same our wrappers for the poor souls.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2023, 06:12:36 PM »
Are any of you goats headed to Nashville this weekend?

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2023, 08:55:20 PM »
No sir. Getting my brownie points and saving my free time for turkey hunting.

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2023, 10:05:36 PM »
Not going to be going either, but if you see Dolly make sure to say Hello for me

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2023, 10:26:21 AM »
I hope Y'all had a good hibernation, saddle up, its going to be a bumpy ride, Z  :funnyturkey: :OGturkeyhead:

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2023, 02:29:03 PM »
Hibernation nothing we have been in extreme training mode. We even learned how to make baskets with pop-cycle sticks and 279.7 uses for duct tape. Basically most other teams are going to melt away into oblivion and we shall stand triumphant over their charred, burned out remains.

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2023, 04:15:40 PM »
Hibernation nothing we have been in extreme training mode. We even learned how to make baskets with pop-cycle sticks and 279.7 uses for duct tape. Basically most other teams are going to melt away into oblivion and we shall stand triumphant over their charred, burned out remains.

''The Boring Twinkies'', probably sat around all winter watching ''The Sound of Music''  reruns.

Their new theme song ''The Hills are in Flames like our burned out remains''

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2023, 04:55:52 PM »
Speaking of the sound of music.

When the GOATS are in the woods, the gobblers are dying.
Zelmos in the corner, I think that he's crying.
The boring 20's learning they ain't got no game.
These are a few of my favorite things.

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2023, 06:00:47 PM »
timberjack posted he was out...Guesswho, well what in the heck can we say about that. He's being dulusional if he thinks he can hold out for a bigger NIL chack....Gobblenut and friend, Happy and myself spent his contract money in South Dakota last spring. Sorry buddy you ain't even getting new crocks this year, but we might all donate some gently used almost new underwear (no guarantee on brown stripes ). Maybe a gobblenut special call.

I vote let the other two in and say we're full