OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Helpful Tips and Tricks  (Read 3317 times)

Offline Notsoyoungturk

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
    • Reel South Outfitters
Re: Helpful Tips and Tricks
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2023, 04:14:00 PM »
Everybody has that sweet spot on their pot calls.  I put a raised 2-3 mm adhesive sticker on wooden side of my call at the 12 o'clock spot of the area I like. I can reach down, without looking, and orient the call to begin calling.  Nice early in the am if you are using it for soft clucks or tree yelps.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 04:47:14 PM by Notsoyoungturk »
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Offline Paulmyr

• Longbeard
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2023, 09:59:51 PM »
Here's a tip that might help save a new hunter some agony! If your allergic to poison oak/ivy take your gloves off before you pee. Don't ask me how I know this.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Offline B2H

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2023, 09:02:28 PM »
I learn to estimate distance as I walked to work.  I walked bout two miles into work in the morning and I would pick out an object in front of me and make a guess then made a one yard step counting each one until I got very good at it. For many years I would do this about every where I walked for several years and have retained the accuracy amazing well for many years.

Offline Lcmacd 58

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
  • Shoot 'em close
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2023, 09:07:08 PM »
+1 on taking the gloves off ... 

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2023, 05:40:05 PM »
If you need to take pain killer's, medication or maybe hard candy to keep your mouth moist so you can play you trumpet but you are worried about the noise from the pills rattling around in the bottle or untwisting a celaphane wrapper then put them in one of the cinch sacks one of your calls came in. There is no noise and they are easy  to handle even if wearing gloves.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 05:58:04 PM by Sir-diealot »
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."