OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: kansas 2024  (Read 972 times)

Offline grindersonly

kansas 2024
« on: June 09, 2023, 01:06:42 PM »
hello all, myself and a couple of buddies are looking to do an out of state turkey hunt next spring and we have killed Merriam's and easterns so we are thinking rios.  we are looking into unit 2 in Kansas.  I was just looking for any insight that anyone is willing to give.  not asking for anyone's secret spots or anything.  just wondering if we would be wasting time or if there is good numbers of birds in any area there, really any info is appreciated.  thank you in advance.

Offline deerhunt1988

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: kansas 2024
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 01:33:57 PM »
Keep an eye out on the Kansas regulations. They are going to restrict non-resident licenses. It'll be first come-first serve or a draw process. So either buy your licenses as soon as they go on sale or prepare to apply for a draw (if they choose that route).

Good news is hunting quality should be better since NR numbers will drop.

Offline grindersonly

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 01:36:14 PM »
i saw they weren't allowing non residents in unit 4 last year, are they thinking about doing that for more units?

Offline deerhunt1988

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 02:09:52 PM »
i saw they weren't allowing non residents in unit 4 last year, are they thinking about doing that for more units?

No, non-residents can still hunt all other units. They are just going to restrict the number of  NR licenses they sell in the units.

Offline grindersonly

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023, 03:18:13 PM »
Ok.  Thank you!

Offline mudhen

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 03:05:52 PM »
Kansas is draw only for NR in 2024…

Draw is in Jan-Feb, by zone, 1 bird total, and there is a fee for the draw…

Losers get a preference point…

Any leftover tags to be sold after the draw…

-25% tags from last season…

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Offline nativeks

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2023, 06:34:30 PM »
I heard this year that since it still allowed 2 birds it was a "shitshow" in Unit 2. Only having 2 units that allowed 2 birds really concentrated the pressure. It will be interesting to see where it goes with the draw and being statewide 1 bird limit.

1 & 2 still have the better populations in the state, but they are in decline as well. They are also in year 2 of severe to exceptional drought out there (luckily here at home we are just moderate to severe), so that will affect things as well.

Offline CAPTJJ

• Rod Bender Charters
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2023, 10:59:41 PM »
I'll just say I'm glad I got out there before things changed, had some great early season bowhunts in KS.