OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mag 10, what to look for when buying?

Started by the Ward, February 03, 2023, 07:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

Hey fellas, I might have the chance to pick up a used Mag !0. Trying to do some research on
what to look for when inspecting it. What are the known trouble spots, and are replacement
parts available still for wear items like buffers and springs? I watched some you tube videos
and they seem pretty well put together, not much to go wrong.
Update: gun was sold before I was able to check it out. I will leave this post alone so if anyone
wants to post up any info or tips they can do so for future reference. 

Old Gobbler

I picked up a cherry mag 10 ,  2 years ago  , the previous owner sent it to brieley and had it threaded ....soo...I had William from sumtoy cut me several amazing chokes ..it is a awesome gun

Keep a eye out for the ones with brieley chokes

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

mcw3734

I bought a lightly used Mag-10 some years back. The bolt buffer failed within 20-ish shots, and a piece of it jammed the bolt in place. It was the original white one and I replaced it with a black spare, don't know where I got it or who made it. But I know I'm not the only one to have that happen. I might suggest replacing the factory bolt buffer when you buy one.

the Ward

Ridge Rooster

Can the recoil buffer and springs be bought for the Ithica's or are they non-existent?

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters