OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mouth call for closing the deal

Started by VAlongbeard84, February 02, 2023, 07:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jeremy

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 02, 2023, 10:07:16 PM
I use one diaphragm start to finish.  If a call won't scream one minute then whisper the next.......IMHO..
...it's best left at home.  Or in the trash.

I agree with this also. So many can't do the soft end well FOR ME, though. That's probably user error, but still. That's what I love about those Pinhoti ghosts. For me, they just work. I can get cranky, and be sweet with it better than I can with any other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grayfox

Gooserbat Classic Hen
HS Double D or Raspy Hen
Primos Limb Hanger

Cowboy

Quote from: roberthyman14 on February 02, 2023, 07:33:01 PM
The cut depends on your mouth structure.  Some cuts play better for different people.  Currently I'm running gooserbat calls. Bat wing cut

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I'm running the same calls. I like them.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

I just used them to get them to pop their heads up. That said I am trying to get better with them so they can be used with more than that.
I have liked the ones I have gotten from Savduk and Daddy_Rat Ghost Cut and batwing
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

perrytrails

Quote from: VAlongbeard84 on February 02, 2023, 08:08:21 PM
I typically favor a combo cut the most. It is very comfortable for me, but some have obviously thicker reeds than others. Looking for something with minimal air and combo cut. Any suggestions?
Sent you a pm...

Tail Feathers

A Sadler McGraw Judge and Jury call okays soft well.  A Hooks Executioner I or II is good.  I really like the Scott Ellis New Energy call for all around.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!