Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Calling the Flock Back Together

Started by JeffC, January 25, 2023, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffC

I see a few guys posting, so some of us are around all year. New Jersey just opened up the lottery for the 2023 season. Just had 3 Toms and 7 Jakes come thru on Sunday, they just pass thru here, never hang out. Also heard and got a few pictures of coyotes, so another reason the turkeys don't stay around.
This past fall was the first time I didn't even buy a hunting license here in Maryland, I have been involved with house renovations since last turkey season, but the good part is my kitchen cabinets came in December when they were scheduled to be delivered in April. So, by turkey season I should be able to devote some serious time to killing a Tom.
Hope everyone is still interested in keeping the Flock together. I will do my best to not get skunked again this year. Looking forward to hearing from everyone. Post up your plans for hunts, any fall/ winter kills. Please check in and let us know if you are interested in another year or want to move on?
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

austinc

I'm still around If y'all will still have me again this year lol. Been going over plans for a few weeks now, but I'm not going to be able to travel much if any this spring the way it's looking right now,  but we'll see.

JeffC

At least your in the planning stages, glad you still want to give this thing a go austic, did you do any hunting over the fall winter months?

austinc

Quote from: JeffC on January 25, 2023, 08:11:11 PM
At least your in the planning stages, glad you still want to give this thing a go austic, did you do any hunting over the fall winter months?

Not for turkeys, no fall season down here. Just deer hunted some, got my butt kicked by the same one all year, and killed a handful of hogs.

JeffC

I have a shooter 6pt living in my yard, he keeps tempting me, but I look forward to seeing what he looks like next year. Havent even had time to shoot my bow, getting old sucks, this renovation work has beat me up bad, really looking forward to spring and getting sometime away from the house.

HillclimberWV

I'll participate again. Will help out however i can, except be captain.  Only plan to hunt WV this year not virginia but may change my mind come spring. Only successful hunts were does to fill the freezer. Went to Colorado mule deer hunting and came back with my tag still in my pocket. Had 2 8pts at full draw but one was too small and the other never stopped cruising. Didn't see a single mature buck in rifle season. I still got to cover alot of pretty country this fall and thats a win in my book.

Muzzy61

notsure