OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New "PINK" Browning Buckmark  (Read 8813 times)

Offline lightsoutcalls

• Limbhanger
    • Lights Out custom calls
New "PINK" Browning Buckmark
« on: June 20, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »
I went to Academy Outdoors on Saturday.  I have been looking at a number of different .22 pistols online, as my oldest daughter loves to shoot, but I can't afford to feed my .357 a healthy diet of ammo.  I wanted to look at the Browning Buckmarks and the Walther P22.  As it was, they didn't have any of the Walthers in stock.  I checked out a Buckmark "camper" model with cocobolo grips at $329.  It felt nice, but I was going to wait.  I looked in the other corner of the case and saw the same gun with pink grips with the breast cancer awareness ribbon.  There was a CLEARANCE tag on it with the price of $229.  I walked away once but went back...  There went the pizza delivery tips for a week...  After reminding my wife that I am not normally an impulse buyer, I showed the gun to my daughter (18).  She jumped around the kitchen yelling "I got a pink pistol!"  Well, we took it to the public range on the way to take her back to the boy scout camp where she is teaching first aid this summer (2 1/2 hour drive).  She went through about 70-80 rounds.  My wife even shot about 30 rounds.  I was pleasantly surprised that my wife shot it, then shot it again, and again.  I have a feeling it was a good investment.  I think I can even get past the "pinkness" of the grips... they won't let me replace them.  This is a pic I found on the web of the same gun.  We only shot about 120 rounds total, but the bulk Winchester ammo fed without a glitch.  
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

redarrow

Re: New "PINK" Browning Buckmark
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 11:35:33 AM »
Sounds like you made somebody very happy. :z-winnersmiley:

Offline Basser69

• Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 11:39:02 AM »
Sweet piece!

Offline vaturkey

• Limbhanger
  • Good Things Come To Those Who Wait!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 11:58:06 AM »
Cool looking pistol !!  I like it !! :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

Offline flintlock

• Paintbrush Beard
  • Good luck!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 12:02:50 PM »
Awesome!   I bet she will smile for years w/that one.
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Offline Hognutz

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Life Member N.R.A. Global Flatulator
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 12:05:17 PM »
Way to go. When the women are happy, everybody's happy..You may need to go find one for the little woman, now..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Offline barry

• Double Beard
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 01:05:08 PM »
Browning Buckmarks are sweet shootin' little guns.
I've had one for over 20 years

Offline VaTuRkStOmPeR

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 02:36:37 PM »
another selfless deed for others.

you're a good man.

very nice piece.

Offline Houndstooth Game Calls

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 02:46:18 PM »
They are accurate pistols I had a friend I would go coon hunting with and he had a buckmark with a red dot sight he went to useing it cause he got tired of toting a rifle all the time and he could put that light on a coon way up in the tree and pluck that joker out was kind of a challenge but it shot good now me shooting a pistol aint real hot but I was amazed at how good it shot and how the fella could shoot it! Thats a nice pistol I am sure yall all will have fun shooting it!--Lyle

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 02:46:22 PM »
i wouldnt worry about the pink. Id be excited about the deal. I own two buckmarks. They are a tack driving little pistol. great buy if you ask me....just a bonus that it was pink for the ladies.
Georgia Boy

Offline gobbler74

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Warbird Turkey Calls
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 03:05:58 PM »
That's a nice pistol. I won one at turkey banquet 2 years ago..same gun just different grips..excellent shooter...should help her be confident with her shooting because if the balance and little recoil. Good buy!
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Offline allaboutshooting

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
    • allaboutshooting
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 07:32:43 PM »
Good job Dad!

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 08:18:02 PM »
Good Buy !!

I wish more women would learn to shoot a gun  , there wouldn't be as many break-ins and assaults and other violent crimes against them

These life long violent criminals are everywhere - 
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline drenalinld

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 08:21:28 AM »
I would carry that proudly or let my girls have it! Nice gun, great deal on it! Buckmarks are tack drivers!!!

Offline lightsoutcalls

• Limbhanger
    • Lights Out custom calls
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 11:11:18 AM »
This little pistol has the blacked out rear notch sight and obviously has a fiber optic front sight.  The fiber optic was not set in correctly by the factory and would pop out of the front post with every second or third shot.  We just pushed it back in for the first trip to the range.  I know I can either super glue it in place or heat it in place if there is any excess on the front side of the sight.  I have looked at the Williams FireSights for it.  They are about $50... not too bad.  I have them on my turkey gun and love them.  We didn't have a decent rest (bag) so we didn't see it at its best on the first trip.  We all had fun, but I know we will be able to get better accuracy than what we saw on Sunday.  Good to hear the positive reports from those who own or have shot the Buckmarks.  I know I will need to pick up a couple more clips for it... that way dad can reload while they shoot...  ;)

I think I'll also look for a decent steel target (swinging target).  There's just something about the visual response of a target that seems to keep interest in shooting.  We used the "dirty bird" targets on Sunday.  They give a better visual than standard paper targets, but don't have that tell-tale "ping" that the steel targets do.

Somewhere down the line, there is a 10/22 waiting to be customized for "us" to shoot.  I think they would get a kick out of shooting a 10/22.  I had one years ago (25+ years ago) and loved it.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!