OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Barrel Length Benelli M2  (Read 849 times)

Offline Dedduc

Barrel Length Benelli M2
« on: December 30, 2022, 09:33:08 AM »
I got a Benelli M1 with a 26 inch barrel and a Rob Roberts 570 that I really like but since the wife is going to start hunting I’m thinking of buying another gun. Looking at a Benelli M2 with a 24 inch barrel. Or a Super Black Eagle 20 Any benefits or disadvantages of the 24 inch gun besides easy to maneuver around?

Offline highball

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
Re: Barrel Length Benelli M2
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 10:44:48 AM »
I hunted with a m1 with 21" barrel for 15 years.Patterned very well,very easy to handle.

Offline Bingoman

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 11:34:29 AM »
24 is a great length. Some upland or sporting shooters may like a longer barrel, but nothing to do with the guns accuracy and not significant velocity affected.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Offline Borden811

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2023, 07:39:25 PM »
I set my m2 12ga up with a 21” barrel. Took me forever to find that barrel. It patterned as well as the 26” barrel on my SBE II, so no sacrifice there, and it was lighter, and much easier to maneuver around the woods. Shorter is better for a turkey gun as far as I’m concerned. With todays chokes and loads, you’re not giving anything up in the way of patterns.