OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: tenzing vest  (Read 706 times)

Offline Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
tenzing vest
« on: January 21, 2023, 08:00:05 PM »
For those of you that own one. How do they hold up? Is seat comfortable? Can I carry a couple of box call? Trying to go a little lighter. Thanks

Offline skimerhorn

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: tenzing vest
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 08:08:04 PM »
I've got one. It's light and has a fair amount of room. I'm not a fan of the seat on it

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 04:43:26 PM »
I’ve got one, I don’t see any problems except the pockets. They don’t zip open far enough but the vests are made well. I’ve never seen a single vest I can say I liked everything about. The tenzing if only the pockets were wider might be it.

Offline Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 12:17:19 PM »
I've got one. It's light and has a fair amount of room. I'm not a fan of the seat on it
What don`t you like about seat? Does it flop around or uncomfortable? Thanks for reply

Offline Spyderman

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 05:02:48 PM »
I had one, and got rid of it. The pockets weren't big enough to hold my box calls. I also felt like I was swimming in it. I'm about 6'1" and 190 lbs, and it felt huge on me.

I alternate between the Badlands vest, and ALPS kickstand vest, depending on if I want the kickstand or not.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 06:30:28 PM »
I had one, and got rid of it. The pockets weren't big enough to hold my box calls. I also felt like I was swimming in it. I'm about 6'1" and 190 lbs, and it felt huge on me.

I alternate between the Badlands vest, and ALPS kickstand vest, depending on if I want the kickstand or not.

Interesting it’s been a while do they make dif sizes? I’m 5-6” 170 lbs. Can’t imagine anyone saying it’s too big. Different strokes. I’ve lifted weights my whole life so we might have dif physiques?  I’d never put box calls in the pockets. That wasn’t what they were made for. It’s got a box call pocket. I put scratchers in there though.
Buddy you made me go put mine on. It’s not even close to baggy. About like wearing any other vest. I don’t mean turkey vest. Regular vest. All I’m wearing right now is a sweatshirt. Are you sure you had a tenzing? Did you adjust it at all? 

Online CALLM2U

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2023, 06:41:30 PM »
I have used one for about 3 years now.  It's sturdy, seat is really comfortable, deploys easy.  Pockets work well for me. 

My biggest complaint is the size.  I have it strapped down all the way and it's still a little big on me.  I'm 5'8, 130 so I can't put too much blame on it as I'm smaller than average. 

Offline bwall3220

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2023, 09:12:26 PM »
Tenzing makes the best vest on the market period, I’ve had one for 11 seasons and put a LOT of miles on it, it’s seen almost 70 turkeys die....still in great shape! If I could find another new tv-14 in obsession i’d buy it in a heartbeat just to have a spare even though I can’t see needing it for a while. Size is perfect by the way, i’m 6’1” and 200 and it fits like a glove. I took the seat cushion off cause I carry my little chair every sit.

Offline Spyderman

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2023, 11:30:47 PM »
I had one. It seemed well made, but wouldn’t hold my box call, so I got rid of it after a few seasons.