Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

First out of state hunt booked.

Started by reflexl, January 19, 2023, 12:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Aside from hunting local birds and sabbaticals we are headed to KY for a couple  of easterns a piece. One of my buddies is taking care of it for us. Still don't know if we are chasing Rios yet.

GobbleNut

Hope it all comes together for you.  I'm still pondering about where to go this spring myself.  ....Too many possibilities, and too little time,...but I plan on hitting at least three or four states if things work out.   :D

reflexl

I am still trying to figure out how to work in a rio hunt.

West Augusta

I'll be heading back to Florida then West Virginia. 
Sure would like to get out west for a Merriam or two.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

TauntoHawk

I'm not sure I'll get as many states as I usually do

After 4 season of doing Maryland before my usual states begin I know I'm not doing that one again for a while. I'd like to replace it with another state but not sure I have the time to get away long enough to figure out a new area. I've looked at Virginia, west Virginia, and eastern Kentucky but I'd likely be limited to 3 days of hunting so I'd say that's a long shot.

I have a bit busier non hunting schedule taking up a large portion of vacation days

I have a busier job as I help a large scale start up company get off the ground and currently wearing a few extra hats

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

eggshell

One of you guys going to Florida need to get me your address so I can send you the travel call. It already has a notch in it from my fall hunts. That fall gobbler set a high bar....you all got to keep it up. I will send it on to whoever speaks up first.

As for me, I think I am staying close to home this year. We discussed going to Utah or New Mexico or both, but I had some expenses that got into my travel money. Also, we wanted to make it a combo trip visiting with our daughter in South Dakota and a niece in Utah, but their work is keeping them busy. I had thought I'd do the black Hills again, but my daughter can't get off and we'll go out there this summer.

So it looks like just Kentucky and Ohio as usual.

West Augusta

I'll take it Eggshell.  I have a quota hunt in Florida.  Just let me know who to send it to next.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

reflexl

Looks like if my buddies lease goes through I have my Rio hunt covered.

eggshell

West Augusta, The call sgould arrive in a day or two