OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Paddle position at roll over.

Started by Paulmyr, January 19, 2023, 11:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulmyr

I need a favor from you guys. Next time your playing one of  your Box calls, if you could, take a picture of the paddle position in relation to the sound chamber when the call starts to break over an post it here it would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like compare your paddle positions to what I'm seeing on the calls I'm learning to build. I look on the paddle for rub marks but with nothing to compare too I'm just guessing roll over is in the proper position on the rail. I'm think mine might be touch too far back on the rail.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

mountainhunter1

"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Yoder409

With the paddle riding each rail properly, the rub pattern in the chalk on the paddle should resemble an angel with wings.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Paulmyr

I hear you. But shouldn't the angel wings ride up and down the paddle according to the tuning screw position?

I would think the angel wing would result from having the paddle centered on the sound box properly and having matching rail arches and not so much a result of the position on the rail?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Yoder409

Yes.   What you describe is what should produce the wings.  The tuning screw, I think, would determine where on the paddle the wings are.

A quick grab of a few calls shows the wings pretty much centered up on the paddle.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Paulmyr