OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Box call springs in a pinch?  (Read 518 times)

Online Paulmyr

• Longbeard
Box call springs in a pinch?
« on: January 18, 2023, 11:53:24 AM »
Can any of you call makers recommend a spring for box calls I can find at a big chain hardware store or the like? I ordered some springs from Dad's Monday, not sure when they'll arrive. I'm working on 4 calls right now and have to swap the one spring and screw I have from an old Lynch call between the builds. It's kind of a pain! Looking for a sufficient spring locally until the stockpile arrives. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Box call springs in a pinch?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 02:58:05 PM »
Did you check with Brookside Game Calls? They have them and you can purchase how many you need .... like 1 /10 /25 and so on ...

Offline HillclimberWV

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 03:04:37 PM »
If you have a menards they have small springs in stock. They are usually too long and need trimmed down. 1 spring is good for 2 calls usually.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Online Paulmyr

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 04:12:16 PM »
If you have a menards they have small springs in stock. They are usually too long and need trimmed down. 1 spring is good for 2 calls usually.

Thanks brother! I think the door just hit me in the behind. BRB!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 04:34:30 PM by Paulmyr »

“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Offline HillclimberWV

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2023, 07:17:13 PM »
I just hope you found something close enough to work for you.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Online Paulmyr

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2023, 07:28:24 PM »
They'll work good enough to get them close until my order shows up and I can put a finish and  final tune on them.

Thank you.