OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
DC Cattle Ranch

Author Topic: Alright guys ...  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Notsoyoungturk

• 2022 SITE SUPPORTER
Re: Alright guys ...
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2023, 10:56:41 PM »
Ready to give one a good home but with frequent field trips.  Cash app downloaded and ready.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 11:05:09 PM by Notsoyoungturk »
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Offline gobrunner

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2023, 08:09:46 AM »
I got lucky last year and got one of the calls.  The craftsmanships and sound is second to none. 
I really enjoy seeing the calls.
Good luck to everyone.

Online spurs2bgobblin

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2023, 08:56:55 AM »
How about possibly making a thread for people to post to, and using a number generator draw
to pick posts from. Then that poster has a chance to purchase or pass? Would help weeding out
re-sellers, and give some members a chance they wouldn't have otherwise. Just an idea, don't know
how well it would work out in practice.

That would be a great idea! Especially since my timing sucks and free time is at a minimum.
"In the South it's an understanding. To a turkey hunter, it's a life not subject to change. They know it's crazy. But to them, to us, it's worth it."

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2023, 02:27:56 PM »
I'm not sure that would be workable

What I pulled off last year seemed to help the situation, alot of real hunters got some nice calls and avoided being ripped off by "flippers " ...these guys are everywhere!

We did have some issues ..and I may do a large batch release  at several times , so folks with slower dial.ups get a chance

It pisses me off that folks were getting them then selling them before they even got them from me ...I'll come up with a few surprises for those folks this year
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

Sorry guys... the THE BOOKS ARE CLOSED on Push Pin Turkey  calls.... I wont be accepting anymore names to the list , the calls will be sold exclusively here to members here

-Shannon

Offline turkey stew

• 2022 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2023, 02:45:37 PM »
Thank you Shannon. Much appreciated.

Offline Turkeybutt

• 2022 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2023, 03:30:46 PM »
Sounds like a plan buddy

Offline PharmHunter

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2023, 04:19:05 PM »
Hope to snag another one of yours.  Picked up a nice push pin at Unicoi from another great callmaker.  They have a special place in the turkey woods I feel like.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 10:11:33 PM by PharmHunter »

Online Zobo

• The Boss Gobbler
  • It's about the journey, not the outcome
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2023, 05:11:31 PM »
Hope to snag another one of yours.  Picked up a nice one at Unicoi.  They have a special place in the turkey woods I feel like.

another one? :begging:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 07:13:43 PM by Zobo »

Offline Notsoyoungturk

• 2022 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2023, 09:02:04 PM »
It's really sad that it comes down to policing your buyers but please know we appreciate the effort.   I have never seen a call up close so you may already use this idea.  I know it's a pain in the rear but if you inscribe them for the buyer, like the box call makers, it would be easier to see who is abusing the system if the call comes up for sale.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Offline the Ward

• 2022 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2023, 08:59:43 AM »
I'm not sure that would be workable

What I pulled off last year seemed to help the situation, alot of real hunters got some nice calls and avoided being ripped off by "flippers " ...these guys are everywhere!

We did have some issues ..and I may do a large batch release  at several times , so folks with slower dial.ups get a chance

It pisses me off that folks were getting them then selling them before they even got them from me ...I'll come up with a few surprises for those folks this year
Yea it was just an idea. Most of the ones I have don't work out too well, just ask my wife lol! I drive truck so it is hard to keep tabs on stuff happening here at times.

Offline Meleagris gallopavo

• 2022 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • I struggle, but still succeed...
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2023, 05:35:53 AM »
This pushpin call is a "Holy Grail" for me.  That Mac Ebony last year looked ultra nice!
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Offline mspaci

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2023, 05:53:21 PM »
Id like to get one too, just cant beat everyone to them. Usually only can get on once a day after work & they are long gone, Maybe Ill get lucky. Mike

Offline Turkeybutt

• 2022 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2023, 09:50:21 AM »
"How about possibly making a thread for people to post to, and using a number generator draw
to pick posts from. Then that poster has a chance to purchase or pass? Would help weeding out
re-sellers, and give some members a chance they wouldn't have otherwise. Just an idea, don't know
how well it would work out in practice".
I like the idea since I work every Sunday and miss out completely.

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2023, 07:06:42 PM »
Okay this is my last week making duck whistles ..I've been working on developing those for years now and I've built myself up with a product line of those and that will help me retire from ups in a few years .. enough with that for the moment..but let me tell you between COVID , working 60hrs a week at ups and then making calls on the weekends..I've been working 80hrs a weeks for years on end ...

Push pins ....I HATE to do it , but given the reality of the situation of materials cost and inflationary issues ..that every single person in the country is aware of these days .. I'll be FORCED to do a price increase..I've gone so far as to look at inflation calculators etc. I'm not happy with it , but let's just face it we are going through another period similar to the Jimmy Carter administration and everything has gone through the roof ..I'll be upping them a slight amount.sorry I feel it's reasonable given that I have to work twice as hard to make $  ..but I don't want to raise them so high that my clients are all these rich folks ..staying close to my roots as a working class guy

Next .... I'll be accepting, Cash ,Cashier's Check , or Cash app...NO PAYPal .... Look up the it's rules on that , and you will figure it out real fast , I'm not being continuously taxed and re-taxed over and over ...prices are based on a cash discount ..no drama over it guys ..

I'll be posting up the calls , I do have many private clients and I'll be selling to those like always but the remainder will be on OldGobbler , this is of course cause I'm so tired of the call flippers , they are everywhere 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 04:16:32 AM by Old Gobbler »
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

Sorry guys... the THE BOOKS ARE CLOSED on Push Pin Turkey  calls.... I wont be accepting anymore names to the list , the calls will be sold exclusively here to members here

-Shannon

Online Greg Massey

• 2022 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2023, 11:38:34 PM »
Okay this is my last week making duck whistles ..I've been working on developing those for years now and I've built myself up with a product line of those and that will help me retire from ups in a few years .. enough with that for the moment..but let me tell you between COVID , working 60hrs a week at ups and then making calls on the weekends..I've been working 80hrs a weeks for years on end ...

Push pins ....I HATE to do it , but given the reality of the situation of materials cost and inflationary issues ..that every single person in the country is aware of these days .. I'll be FORCED to do a price increase..I've gone so far as to look at inflation calculators etc. I'm not happy with it , but let's just face it we are going through another period similar to the Jimmy Carter administration and everything has gone through the roof ..I'll be upping them a slight amount.sorry I feel it's reasonable given that I have to work twice as hard to make $  ..but I don't want to raise them so high that my clients are all these rich folks ..staying close to my roots as a working class guy

Next .... I'll be accepting, Cash ,Cashier's Check , or Cash app...NO PAYPal .... Look up the it's rules on that , and you will figure it out real fast , I'm not being continuously taxed and relaxed over and over ...prices are based on a cash discount ..no drama over it guys ..

I'll be posting up the calls , I do have many private clients and I'll be selling to those like always but the remainder will be on OldGobbler , this is of course cause I'm so tired of the call flippers , they are everywhere
   Thanks for sharing ... looking forward to seeing the push pins ...  We all appreciate what you do and all the work you put into keeping the forum running ...