Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Remington 870 21 inch barrel .665 Indian Creek Apex TSS #9

Started by Tom007, January 15, 2023, 06:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Got out to pattern my 870 (21 inch barrel 12 gauge) with Apex 3 inch #9's. It has an Indian Creek .665 choke which Apex recommended. I can see why. I am not a pellet counter, but this looks ok to me. I now pattern all my guns at 35 yards, I like to take  my shots 35 on in, this is my comfort zone....be well
"Solo hunter"

Vintage

tha bugman

great pattern!  Hope to get my hands on some Apex and see what patterns I can get out of my 21" barrel I got over the summer!

CALLM2U

Looks great!  I have that same gun in Advantage Camo.  It shoots pretty much everything well. 

Tom007

Quote from: CALLM2U on February 13, 2023, 07:39:08 PM
Looks great!  I have that same gun in Advantage Camo.  It shoots pretty much everything well. 
Quote from: tha bugman on February 13, 2023, 05:38:07 PM
great pattern!  Hope to get my hands on some Apex and see what patterns I can get out of my 21" barrel I got over the summer!

Thx, these guns seem to pattern real well. I am happy with the Apex/Indian Creek combo.....
"Solo hunter"

Ranman

Tom007

Quote from: Ranman on February 20, 2023, 07:30:54 PM
Great combo and killer pattern fo sho..

Thx....for some reason these Old Remi's pattern well. Wish they could duplicate them today.......
"Solo hunter"

Oldmason

I have the Remington 11-87 SPS-T with 21' barrel and the I/C .665 choke and some Apex TSS. I'm like you I pattern mine 35 yd max. Hope to pattern soon Gun looks brown camo in pictures I took with IPod but it is MO breakup I think. The picture below is actual color.

Tom007

Quote from: Oldmason on February 22, 2023, 11:20:35 AM
I have the Remington 11-87 SPS-T with 21' barrel and the I/C .665 choke and some Apex TSS. I'm like you I pattern mine 35 yd max. Hope to pattern soon Gun looks brown camo in pictures I took with IPod but it is MO breakup I think. The picture below is actual color.

Great gun, yes that looks like Mossy Oak breakup camo. Post pattern picks if you can. Good luck!
"Solo hunter"

the Ward

Great gun and great pattern, two great things that go together! I'd say you have that
Remington squared away.

Tom007

Quote from: the Ward on March 07, 2023, 07:15:31 AM
Great gun and great pattern, two great things that go together! I'd say you have that
Remington squared away.

Thx my friend...

"Solo hunter"