turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Solid hunting pattern

Started by quackaddict, March 26, 2022, 12:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quackaddict

Nothing crazy in the pellet count, but man what a nice even pattern IMO. 40 yards, 24" Carlson's chrome lined barrel on an 870. Old Comp N Choke .665(I think), 3" 2oz Mag Blends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

CrustyRusty

You may want to double check whether or not that old comp-n- choke tube is OK for hevi-shot.  When I called them a while ago asking whether or not I can shoot hevi-shot in their tubes they told me no. Things may have changed but it can't hurt to confirm with them. Your numbers are a bit low for that load you may want to experiment a bit more.

quackaddict

Quote from: CrustyRusty on March 29, 2022, 02:51:44 PM
You may want to double check whether or not that old comp-n- choke tube is OK for hevi-shot.  When I called them a while ago asking whether or not I can shoot hevi-shot in their tubes they told me no. Things may have changed but it can't hurt to confirm with them. Your numbers are a bit low for that load you may want to experiment a bit more.
I've been shooting them out of that choke for years. I know Kick's advertises as lead only, but never heard that about Comp N choke.

I have an 11-87 with a 28" barrel that puts up quite a bit better numbers in the 10", but not as even.

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Borsy

Old post I see, but how do you like the Carlson's made barrel. Does it shoot POI to POA?

quackaddict

I do like it. I honestly don't know exactly how close the bead shoots because I put a pair of Firesights on it. It shoots Herter's TSS just dandy.