OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Home Inspectio Nightmares.  (Read 3202 times)

redarrow

Home Inspectio Nightmares.
« on: June 19, 2011, 03:12:35 PM »
What the heck is number 13 ?  http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/photos/0,,20499940_20971967,00.html

Offline guesswho

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Gobbler Goober
Re: Home Inspectio Nightmares.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 03:23:30 PM »
A Radon fan?
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 04:00:42 PM »
The image of the worker on the end of the ladder supported like a diving board...  I would have fired that guy right there on the spot , and trespassed him right off the property- In fact not only would I fire him , I would Fire anyone around him that failed to notify me or do something about it asap-

I can just see the workman's compensation claim for that - he falls off that ladder ....your talking legs busted ,and permanent spine damage- minimum 6 figure settlement .

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

redarrow

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 07:15:07 PM »
The image of the worker on the end of the ladder supported like a diving board...  I would have fired that guy right there on the spot , and trespassed him right off the property- In fact not only would I fire him , I would Fire anyone around him that failed to notify me or do something about it asap-

I can just see the workman's compensation claim for that - he falls off that ladder ....your talking legs busted ,and permanent spine damage- minimum 6 figure settlement .

Did you notice the guy standing beneath him ?

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 09:59:47 PM »
The image of the worker on the end of the ladder supported like a diving board...  I would have fired that guy right there on the spot , and trespassed him right off the property- In fact not only would I fire him , I would Fire anyone around him that failed to notify me or do something about it asap-

Did you notice the guy standing beneath him ?
Now I do ! I guess he would be fired #2 ... 

as they say , you cant fix stupid !

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline Hognutz

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Life Member N.R.A. Global Flatulator
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 10:10:56 PM »
Stupid hurts!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 09:35:24 AM »
The guy that ought to be fired is the jobsite super. We go through enough OSHA training to spot that right off the bat. That picture proves one very important thing......vendors are running that job, not the construction super. That job is not getting walked, and if the super did their job you wouldnt be seeing that crap.  This one instance would probably be a fine over 10K from OSHA...and if this sub or builder has been hit for the repeat violations in any other market it could go over six figures for fines.

An OSHA inspector would have a field day with the guy. There are actually a couple of violations.
1. The home made scaffolding which is very obvious
2. Improper walk board on the main part of the jack (not just the diving board part)
3. That pump jack does not have the proper mid rail
4. That pump jack is supposed to have netting to catch tools or debris that may fall off the jack.
5. That vendor has no hard hat, no gloves, no eye glasses, or fallen protection.

I would be willing to bet it is not set on level ground with proper feet, and I bet the cord is damaged.

I have no idea what picture 13 is. I cant believe a homeowner would accept though.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:26:36 PM by savduck »
Georgia Boy