OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Call purr”fect” jig question  (Read 880 times)

Offline Marv870SC

Call purr”fect” jig question
« on: January 27, 2023, 03:46:39 PM »
I have been using this jig, frames, reeds, and tape for last six or seven years. I have enjoyed making a fresh call whenever I want one. I went the get more supplies this year and they are sold out. I ordered some frames off the internet a few years back but they didn’t fit my jig.
Can I get the correct frames somewhere else?
If I can’t get the supplies for the call purrfect jig what should I upgrade to?

http://www.callpurrfect.com/default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
Re: Call purr”fect” jig question
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 04:19:26 PM »
Marv, if you look online, you can find a few alternatives to the Call Purrfect system (Feather Ridge and Lil Jiggy come to mind right off the bat). Although I think the CP jig was good idea at the time, I think there are updated and better call-making jigs available, and I think they probably accept the more commonly used frames that are sold today from at least a couple of sources. 

At one time, long ago, I had the Call Purrfect jig.  In my opinion, it is just too limited in what you can do,...mainly related to reed tensioning,...and I moved on from it pretty quickly.  I think you would find one of the newer jig (or press) systems to be much more flexible in what you can do with them, as well as having many more options in terms of call frames and sizes. 

Finally, I would not be surprised if you cannot get those specific frames for the CP system much longer.  You should probably look seriously as changing to a different jig or press.  I think you would be happy with that decision over the long run.   

Offline Flatbottomarky

Re: Call purr”fect” jig question
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 01:03:32 AM »
Don't know what size frames the CP jig uses but pioneer has different sizes, you might contact them and see if they might know. If you ordered from them before and they didn't fit, too large or small, try a size up or down. Never used a CP but I have a lil jiggy from Rick Bishop that was reasonable and works pretty well.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk