OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Whoot! New gun day!  (Read 2643 times)

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Whoot! New gun day!
« on: December 28, 2022, 12:34:25 PM »
Well just joined the Sx4 guys! Been hemming and hawing over getting one for awhile. Today I just bit the bullet and bought it. It is the 3.5 with 26 inch barrel. Can’t wait to pattern it. Going to see how the meadow creek mount fits.  Thanks Lunghit for making me spend money lol! I kept seeing the pics of yours yo posted and I really liked them!
Dog thinks we are headed to get geese lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lunghit

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Whoot! New gun day!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 08:41:24 PM »
HAHA enjoy it. Love the SX's and the Meadow Creek is a perfect match for it. Love the woodland camo that gun will be a turkey killing machine. Post up picks of some patterns with it.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 05:23:56 AM »
Will do! I have a few Inv. plus chokes from my browning i'm going to try. I was cleaning and lubing it
when i got it home yesterday and discovered that the shell lifter rubs on the shell stop/bolt release. It
looks like the factory ground or filed a bit away on the shell stop/bolt release where it makes contact. Going to take gun back over to
store to have them check it out and compare it to the other sx4's they have. Hopefully not an issue, but I've never seen something filed and polished on a brand new gun. Just my luck, ugh! Anyways, I really like it and hope it is a non issue. I do a lot of business at this shop, and know them well, so if it is a problem they will take care of it. Mocked up the meadow creek and fastfire on it, and it fits good. will probably have to raise the comb just a little bit to get a little better cheek weld, but nothing drastic. Love the woodland and cerekote combo. The cerekote tone is a bit darker than fde, it is closer to patriot brown to my eye, and i think it will virtually disappear in the woods.

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 05:43:54 AM »
Good luck Ward, looks like a beauty…..
“Solo hunter”

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 07:17:18 AM »
Thanks Tom!

Offline Matt76cmich

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 07:33:28 AM »
I really like that,  congrats!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 08:33:37 AM »

This is the spot. Looks like it was filed or ground to clear?

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2022, 08:47:56 AM »
I really like that,  congrats!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Offline lunghit

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2022, 09:18:49 AM »
I just looked at both my SX4 20's and they both have a very slight wear line where the carrier latch rubs the shell stop. Probably happens during the fast cycling at the shot. Nothing bad at all and I am not worried about it in the least.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2022, 09:32:02 AM »
I just looked at both my SX4 20's and they both have a very slight wear line where the carrier latch rubs the shell stop. Probably happens during the fast cycling at the shot. Nothing bad at all and I am not worried about it in the least.
Thanks for checking yours and passing on the info. I haven't shot mine yet, it looks like
it was ground down more than if it was

a rub mark. The shell lifter actually hits it and is pushed
over to side. When i push the lifter up, like when you would when you load a shell, it stops
when it contacts the ground area, and requires a little more effort to push it the rest of way
past it to full open. I cycled some dummy rounds through it and it cycled them fine though.
Probably nothing, but i'm going to run over this morning so they can check it out, and so it is documented
so if I have any issues down the road they can't say I modified something. Thanks again lunghit, I appreciate the info!

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2022, 10:30:15 AM »
Just come out from shop. Good news! All the sx4’s had the same mark.so it just must be how they are fitted from factory. So now I can proceed full steam ahead!

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2022, 10:41:43 AM »
Fine looking gun, congrats ... nothing better than taking home a new turkey gun...

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2022, 01:12:30 PM »
Fine looking gun, congrats ... nothing better than taking home a new turkey gun...
Thanks Greg!

Offline lunghit

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2022, 03:03:21 PM »
This going to be a dedicated turkey gun or are you going to remove the red dot and use it for anything else? I can't wait to start patterning in a few months!

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2022, 04:33:25 PM »
Well I bought it with full intentions of a dedicated turkey gun,but the dang thing fits me
so good i want to try it on some clays now too, lol! I can't wait to do some patterning myself.
Looks like we are going to have a stretch of unseasonably warm weather coming up, so I'm going
to try and get some on paper. Can't wait!