Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sunday 06/19/2011 Father's Day Devotional

Started by pappy, June 19, 2011, 10:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Our Father which art in heaven hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven....Matt. 6: 9,10
As children we should have complete adoration for our father. Some times this is not the case, some times there is a riff between a father and his children caused by variables within the family home. Jesus knew while on earth, that there was such a riff between God and His creation, not as a Creator and His creation, but as a Father and His children, this is why Jesus strived to get the point across that God the Father, "so loved the world", because in the end, it will be the Father that will attend to the needs of all of mankind, not the Creator.

As children we petition our father, "Daddy, can I have a new bicycle?" "Daddy can I have a new car?" Daddy, can I have a raise in my allowance?".... it is a first nature that we go to our provider, when we desire to improve our current situation, as Children of the Father, God, we too, must petition Him for our needs, " Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors."Matt. 6 11,12 Having the right to go to the Father in prayer as His children is something we did not earn, but was given to us out of a Father's heart through such a love, no man could ever match.
We look to our fathers for guidance, sometimes we may be better off asking a soda can for advice, (speaking from my own experience), but as children we expect to be able to go to the one whom we believe we can trust the most for directions..."and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.." Matt 6: 13 such a plea for providential help is a testament of our daily confrontation with the temptation of sin. It is good to have a Heavenly Father that will listen and forgive and guide....and never grow weary of doing so, if only all earthly fathers were as dependable, some do their very best, these are Fathers....any one can be a father...but it takes a tenacity to bring out the best in your children, based on true love  to be a real Father. " For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory for ever, amen." Matt. 6 13 To have access to our Heavenly Father while here on earth is one thing, the support and the compassion, the understanding and the mercy, the strength and the protection, and so much more, is simply excillerating...but to think that our Heavenly Father is awaiting our arrival, to give unto us His great treasures, as any true father would his children...now that is beyond impressive, that is real unadulterated love, that is the kind of love that Jesus was trying to convey to the people that his Father had to offer.
I hope and pray that all fathers are remembered for their love towards their children, that all wounds though they may be deep are healed and that the relationships are mended, I pray that by example of God's love that all fathers strive to love openly, their children without reservation, and that this love fuels their children to be true fathers when their time comes. I suggest that, if you still have your father, as many of us do not, that you call them, visist them, write them or whatever means of communication you have at your disposal, talk with them, and expres your love to them, and give them a big hug, DON'T JUST SAY HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, MEAN IT
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

drenalinld

Thanks, pappy. Great encouragement for us fathers and us children still fortunate enough to have our fathers here.

BOFF

Wow!!

Went right along with our sermon today!!

Thanks Jack!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)