OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Fall / Winter Season ?  (Read 593 times)

Offline JeffC

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Fall / Winter Season ?
« on: December 06, 2022, 08:02:14 AM »
Lacire, remembered you posted about hunting fall season, any luck? anybody else get out for fall or have plans for a winter hunt?? I havent even bought a license here or in Jersey, wife put her foot down, wants the house finished, 20 plus years of remodeling never finished. But just had 8 hens caught on camera walking thru backyard, real nice surprise, they only show up a few times a year. Was really worried I wouldnt get a chance to hunt this spring, new kitchen cabinets were supposed to be delivered in April/ May, got word they are being delivered week of Christmas. So I will have time to get out and chase some birds!! Hope everyone had a safe Thanksgiving! 
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Fall / Winter Season ?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 02:59:58 PM »
Dropped arch in my foot left foot so I wasn't able to go out this year. I've had fun past 2 years though.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Online lacire

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 01:18:33 AM »
Lacire, remembered you posted about hunting fall season, any luck? anybody else get out for fall or have plans for a winter hunt?? I havent even bought a license here or in Jersey, wife put her foot down, wants the house finished, 20 plus years of remodeling never finished. But just had 8 hens caught on camera walking thru backyard, real nice surprise, they only show up a few times a year. Was really worried I wouldnt get a chance to hunt this spring, new kitchen cabinets were supposed to be delivered in April/ May, got word they are being delivered week of Christmas. So I will have time to get out and chase some birds!! Hope everyone had a safe Thanksgiving!

Hello Jeff, yah I was able to get out and hunt with my son for a few days in the middle of November. For the first three days the weather was cold, wet and miserable but on the fourth day the sun finally came out and warmed things up a bit. He was able to put me on a nice tom by mid morning. Have you been doing any practicing on that wing bone?

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 05:28:34 AM »
I hunted Ohio and Ky and killed one in each state so far. Thursday Dec. 8th will be my last day in Ky and I have one tag left there. I like fall hunting almost as much as spring. My Ohio Gobbler was one of my all time best.

Offline JeffC

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 08:03:44 AM »
Only bones that Ive worked are mine, installed new hardwood in dining room and in area of kitchen where we took wall down, new wainscoting in dining. Nonstop renovation, have had a real nice shooter buck standing in backyard multiple times, dont even have time to deal with him... Congrats on the fall turkey, its awesome you get to hunt with your son, while all this work is going on moved my son to Vermont, so lost my hunting partner. Congrats Eggshell on best bird, did see pictures when you posted.   

Offline JeffC

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2022, 04:00:51 PM »
Backyard Turkeys

Online lacire

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2022, 11:12:09 PM »
Your new Franchi Affinity sounds like it’s catching all that remodeling dust, you better give it a good cleaning before spring.