turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any Roger Parks long box fans??

Started by Rtr1987, December 02, 2022, 11:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rtr1987

Anyone have any experience with a long box from Mr. Parks? I'd so, tell me all about it! I have a long and short box on the way since figured this would help during the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: Rtr1987 on December 02, 2022, 11:22:50 PM
Anyone have any experience with a long box from Mr. Parks? I'd so, tell me all about it! I have a long and short box on the way since figured this would help during the wait.

I have 2 of his long boxes and gobbler pots ... His alum lid boxes are awesome, you just have to get the feel of the calls, because they have a unique way they like to be played.. Just follow Roger's instructions on keeping the boxes chalked etc ...   If you don't have one of his gobbler pots i suggest you get one of those ... Killer pot .... all gobbler and jake yelps ....

idratherb

Mathews.1

Get one of his tree talker's. You won't regret it

PALongspur

Yoder409

I never held one.

Anyone have his contact info ??
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Greg Massey

Rtr1987

Quote from: Yoder409 on December 06, 2022, 11:07:01 PM
I never held one.

Anyone have his contact info ??

I got in touch with Mr. Parks via Facebook.

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tarheel

Frankly, I am a fan of anything Roger Parks makes...and when I get to Unicoi, Roger Parks' table is one of the first places I go. Roger makes very nice turkey calls.....

Rtr1987

Well I'll now add myself to that list of Roger Parks fans. This is far and away the best long box I've ever played. The call can get surprisingly soft. All long boxes sound pretty good at a higher volume but this is the only one I've played that sounds as good soft and it does at full volume. This is 100% a start to finish call. I highly recommend one to anyone considering.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Rtr1987 on January 12, 2023, 10:44:13 PM
Well I'll now add myself to that list of Roger Parks fans. This is far and away the best long box I've ever played. The call can get surprisingly soft. All long boxes sound pretty good at a higher volume but this is the only one I've played that sounds as good soft and it does at full volume. This is 100% a start to finish call. I highly recommend one to anyone considering.

I agree with you, his calls are awesome, did you know he makes a shorter one with a handle that is flat out turkey also...

Rtr1987

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 13, 2023, 01:33:01 AM
Quote from: Rtr1987 on January 12, 2023, 10:44:13 PM

I agree with you, his calls are awesome, did you know he makes a shorter one with a handle that is flat out turkey also...
Yes! I actually caught one of his sales and got a cedar short box with the chestnut long box. His short boxes are killers as well!

Yoder409

Quote from: Yoder409 on December 06, 2022, 11:07:01 PM
I never held one.

I fixed that this weekend.   :icon_thumright:

His long box is pure FIRE !!!

Had I not over-spent already, I'd have brought one home.  But there's definitely one in my future.
PA elitist since 1979

packmule

I purchased a chestnut longbox from him this weekend. Exceptional sound.