OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tristar Arms, Recall / Experience / Viper G2 410 shotgun

Started by Greg Massey, December 02, 2022, 12:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Back on Oct, 22 i got this letter from Tristar for a potential safety issue with certain Tristar Viper G2 410 shotguns which could lead to serious personal injury and/or damage to the shotgun. Letter stated the safety recall is to protect its customers, because if a user prematurely releases a shotshell while loading or unloading the unretained shotshell it could potentially contact the bolt lock button inside the loading port and detonate. The recoil only applies to some serial numbers only in the Viper G2 410 and they had a list of the serial numbers affected. Which i had one that fell in the serial number of the recall. So you go to the Tristar Website and make contact with them that you have one of these guns and start the process of filling out the paperwork needed to return the trigger housing assembly for them to make a upgrade. So i did this with all my contact information which included my email and phone number. After watching a video on how to remove the trigger housing assembly I boxed it up and had a printed off return label for the return of the trigger assembly. Now this was all done around the first of November and as of yesterday, i had not received any kind of a response from Tristar saying we have received your trigger housing assembly by email or phone, so i called them and wanted to make sure they had received the assembly, because we all know the problems we have with USPS etc. So after calling and finally getting a person on the phone and telling him why i was calling about the recall and if they had received the trigger assembly, he got on the computer and said yes we received it on November 29 and that he was so backed up on repairs and had 2 men out for sickness and one had just cut his hand really bad and he just didn't know how long it was going to take for me to received my trigger assembly back from them. I know this is a long story short, but a company as large as Tristar is having problems with just making warranty/recall repairs. So hopefully in the weeks ahead i will receive my upgrade trigger assembly. If you have one of these Tristar 410 and have not received a letter you may want to go to the website and check to see if the one you have meets the safety recall/repairs.  Always remember to TAKE the time to fill out the warranty card if you have purchased a new gun for safety recalls and repairs you just never know.  I know I have and haven't filled the warranty information out in the past on new gun purchases.  Anyway just sharing a little gun experience as of lately..

RoadRunner

I had a much better experience during the same time frame. Even though I never received any confirmation of them receiving it, mine was back within 2 weeks.

Greg Massey

Quote from: RoadRunner on December 02, 2022, 01:48:05 PM
I had a much better experience during the same time frame. Even though I never received any confirmation of them receiving it, mine was back within 2 weeks.
Was your trigger housing assembly hard to remove after pushing the holding pin out ?   Mine was hard to remove...

Tom007

Quote from: Greg Massey on December 02, 2022, 12:14:37 PM
Back on Oct, 22 i got this letter from Tristar for a potential safety issue with certain Tristar Viper G2 410 shotguns which could lead to serious personal injury and/or damage to the shotgun. Letter stated the safety recall is to protect its customers, because if a user prematurely releases a shotshell while loading or unloading the unretained shotshell it could potentially contact the bolt lock button inside the loading port and detonate. The recoil only applies to some serial numbers only in the Viper G2 410 and they had a list of the serial numbers affected. Which i had one that fell in the serial number of the recall. So you go to the Tristar Website and make contact with them that you have one of these guns and start the process of filling out the paperwork needed to return the trigger housing assembly for them to make a upgrade. So i did this with all my contact information which included my email and phone number. After watching a video on how to remove the trigger housing assembly I boxed it up and had a printed off return label for the return of the trigger assembly. Now this was all done around the first of November and as of yesterday, i had not received any kind of a response from Tristar saying we have received your trigger housing assembly by email or phone, so i called them and wanted to make sure they had received the assembly, because we all know the problems we have with USPS etc. So after calling and finally getting a person on the phone and telling him why i was calling about the recall and if they had received the trigger assembly, he got on the computer and said yes we received it on November 29 and that he was so backed up on repairs and had 2 men out for sickness and one had just cut his hand really bad and he just didn't know how long it was going to take for me to received my trigger assembly back from them. I know this is a long story short, but a company as large as Tristar is having problems with just making warranty/recall repairs. So hopefully in the weeks ahead i will receive my upgrade trigger assembly. If you have one of these Tristar 410 and have not received a letter you may want to go to the website and check to see if the one you have meets the safety recall/repairs.  Always remember to TAKE the time to fill out the warranty card if you have purchased a new gun for safety recalls and repairs you just never know.  I know I have and haven't filled the warranty information out in the past on new gun purchases.  Anyway just sharing a little gun experience as of lately..

Your right Greg.  I know myself, sometimes I forget to fill out warranty cards. Your situation here tells us all that "you never know" when you'll need it. Thanks for sharing, best of luck with your trigger.....
"Solo hunter"

RoadRunner

"Was your trigger housing assembly hard to remove after pushing the holding pin out ?   Mine was hard to remove..."

It didn't seem difficult to remove. 

Greg Massey

Shout out to Tristar received my trigger assembly back and got it installed ... thanks customer service ...

Roost 1

I had mine back in less than 2 weeks. No issues at all.

BDeal

How do you guys like the Tristar Vipers overall? I am considering getting one of them or a Franchi Affinity 3 in 20 gauge.

Greg Massey

Quote from: BDeal on December 31, 2022, 03:29:19 PM
How do you guys like the Tristar Vipers overall? I am considering getting one of them or a Franchi Affinity 3 in 20 gauge.
Get the Franchi