OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Lon Trice Ceramic  (Read 2894 times)

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Lon Trice Ceramic
« on: November 29, 2022, 11:14:08 AM »
Who has one and what is your favorite combo?... How do you like his ceramic?... Pictures of his ceramics if you can post them... thanks

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
Re: Lon Trice Ceramic
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 10:14:23 PM »
Hey Greg I have most of Lon's combo's but not his ceramic, I have tried a few ceramics and not impressed with them and have had some that a lot on here like! just not impressed with the ones I have had.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 01:30:08 AM »
Hey Greg I have most of Lon's combo's but not his ceramic, I have tried a few ceramics and not impressed with them and have had some that a lot on here like! just not impressed with the ones I have had.
  I've got several ceramics and most are pretty good calls with some being exceptional calls ...  I was wondering about Lon ceramic, so i will probably contact him about trying one ...   Ceramics are my favorite for our season, because of the weather conditions ... cold,cool, rain and humidity for the most part of our start of the season.  Slates just don't work for me ...  glass and crystal are pretty good also for parts of the season.

Offline Boykin Hollow

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 07:18:54 AM »
I have one of his ceramics and it is a player.  Do not hesitate about calling him for one,  you will not be disappointed

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 10:28:38 AM »
I have one of his ceramics and it is a player.  Do not hesitate about calling him for one,  you will not be disappointed
What pot do you have wood or what?

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 05:20:09 PM »
I've got a few of his ceramics. He likes making them out of Birdseye Maple and would likely be his recommendation. Can't go wrong with a Lonzo.

Offline 310 gauge

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2022, 06:37:38 PM »
I have an older darker Ceramic of Lon's in Orange Agate. It's a solid Pot from a proven Maker!

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2022, 07:02:13 PM »
I have an older darker Ceramic of Lon's in Orange Agate. It's a solid Pot from a proven Maker!
  Thanks for the information ... i do agree with you on the darker ceramic ... some of the ones i have have the darker ceramic and they just play better .... IMO

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2022, 07:19:10 PM »
Can’t speak about his Ceramic, but I have a Lonzo Acrylic Aluminum that is a player. He makes a fine pot call…..
“Solo hunter”

Offline REBELYELL

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • 601-384-7427
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2022, 11:40:56 PM »
I have his Bubinga ceramic that is very good.

Offline Wvgobbler

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2022, 01:56:00 PM »
I have his Padauk, Birdseye Maple, Bubinga and a Blue Mahoe ceramic that he made me before he stopped offering blue mahoe…. All are exceptional calls and sound fantastic!!! Can’t go wrong with anything Lon makes.

Offline Far2low

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2023, 02:06:28 AM »
I just received a stoned aluminum, sounds great!

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2023, 10:01:04 AM »
I just received a stoned aluminum, sounds great!
  Congrats , i have his stone aluminum in an acrylic pot ... awesome pot call...

Offline wyetterp

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2023, 08:38:14 PM »
I just decided to overhaul everything I have. I wanted 4 pots from Mr. Trice. Main goal was to have 4 pots to be able to cover most of the bases & to play all kinds of tones. I kinda wanted a well rounded selection for highs, lows, loud & soft with everything in between. Pretty much had my mind made up of the four before talking with him. I got to say that man has so much knowledge & hunting experience he can fine tune your needs better than Armani himself could tailor a suit for you.  Of course he was willing to sell me everything I thought I wanted but shed so much light on what may fit my needs better. I only ended up with one of the calls I originally thought I wanted. I took all his advice & let him tailor it to my needs. So glad I did too. 

I ended up with a bullet tree ceramic, Ivory acrylic crystal over carbon fiber, Black acrylic stoned aluminium, & a bullet tree/osage green slate.

Every call sounds amazing & easy to run smooth. I can get everything I can think of out of those four.

If I ever had to set out with only one it would probably be the ceramic, which surprised me. I could run it so soft to piercing load. Easy to soft purr & light clucks. Work in any conditions. Perfect for the start with soft cackle through a full day of cranking on it for long distance. It does it all. I'd probably put the green slate slightly second..... if I was only choosing one for a day.

His stoned aluminium & crystal over carbon are equally amazing. I took his suggestion & went stoned aluminum over titanium to fit my location & where & how I like to hunt.

Either way, I'm 100% sure anything you get that he makes will be pure turkey. You can tell the man is the grim reaper of turkeys & wants us to slay 'em.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Offline wyetterp

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2023, 08:40:01 PM »
Stoned Aluminium & Ivory Acrylic
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.