OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which gun would you choose?

Started by jhoward11, November 15, 2022, 12:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhoward11

If you could purchase a shotgun or rifle, and price was not an option. Which would it be. I know most guns do appreciate a little. Which one do you think would hold it's value more than others? I do like the Browning A5. Ready....GO!

Tom007

A great semi is the Benelli Super Black Eagle, it's a great gun.  Very reliable, never jams, lightweight. I enjoy mine..Can't go wrong with Browning firearms either. Have great luck with them too, both rifles and shotguns...There are a bunch of great guns out there that others will add to this list.
"Solo hunter"

SumToy

New it hard to say.  Old Beretta 391 or Browning Gold Hunter.    New Franchi I feel is one of the best bangs for the buck. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Jc69

My first choice would be an old school 870 or 1187 myself.  That being said, I bought a 2006 Super Black Eagle 2 that has the Advantage Timber camo back in May and I haven't been looking at new or used shotguns since.  Got it from a friend who said it didn't fire a shell or two and he put it away years ago.  It wasn't real dirty but had a good size twig behind the bolt and the old oil was dry.  I've been shooting light, cheap loads out of it all summer on squirrels and it has yet to miss a beat.  I really like this one.

Greg Massey

AS for shotguns, anything that has an inertia - Driven system and i would really like to try one of Benelli LUPO bolt action rifles in either 6.5 or 308 ....

HookedonHooks

Old school Remington 870 in Original Bottomland or Greenleaf.

New gun I'd probably say the Benelli M2 or Benelli Super Black Eagle 3.

the Ward

Well if price is no object that would get me a divorce ha ha! Right now I'm looking at picking up a Winchester sx4 3.5 with the 26" barrel. I saw one of our members Lunghit posted some of his in this forum and I really liked them. Was going to get an A5, and still would like to down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Beretta Silver Pigeon in 28 ga, once I know it fits my wife I will buy one for her to go to the clay course.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ChesterCopperpot

Price not an option I'd sure look at a Blaser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Either a Connecticut Shotgun Model 21 Grand American 28 gauge, or........

A Grulla Royal Holland 28 gauge
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

paboxcall

If we're talking a dedicated turkey gun, it would be a Winchester 1300 in 20 gauge.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Tom007

Quote from: paboxcall on December 10, 2022, 10:47:52 AM
If we're talking a dedicated turkey gun, it would be a Winchester 1300 in 20 gauge.

The laminated NWTF version of this is a rare bird for sure......great gun.....
"Solo hunter"

Loyalist84

If price was no object - I'd take a plane to Birmingham, make an appointment at Westley Richards and slap down as many bills as they wanted for a 26" barreled 10 gauge side-by-side with 90% and 80% chokes for       2 5/8 oz of Tungsten #6 with a Blaser-style mercury recoil reducer in the stock and a folding Express-style rear sight set for 40 yards if I decided I didn't want to just hold a bead. A fella can dream...

the Ward

Quote from: Loyalist84 on December 10, 2022, 09:33:53 PM
If price was no object - I'd take a plane to Birmingham, make an appointment at Westley Richards and slap down as many bills as they wanted for a 26" barreled 10 gauge side-by-side with 90% and 80% chokes for       2 5/8 oz of Tungsten #6 with a Blaser-style mercury recoil reducer in the stock and a folding Express-style rear sight set for 40 yards if I decided I didn't want to just hold a bead. A fella can dream...
[/quote
I like that plan a whole lot better than mine!

Cmane08

Quote from: Yoder409 on December 09, 2022, 08:14:44 PM
Either a Connecticut Shotgun Model 21 Grand American 28 gauge, or........

A Grulla Royal Holland 28 gauge

I like your thinking.  Mine would be a CSMC A.H. Fox though

Or a greenleaf 11-87 because that's the only one I need to complete my set of the OG turkey guns from Remington.