OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Getting that itch  (Read 1406 times)

Offline WV Flopper

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
Re: Getting that itch
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2022, 12:21:46 PM »
Here is the big mean buck

Sent from my S62 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline Mossberg90MN

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2022, 12:25:54 PM »
Oh yea, the second the deer gun season comes to an end, I make a mental switch. Not that I ever fully switch over, but the day the gun season ended I began planning for spring 2023.

Saw and heard lots of turkeys this Fall. My deer hunting spot doesn’t allow spring turkey hunting, but does allow fall. I saw and heard plenty of turkeys, which can be difficult in the fall! I’m definitely buying a fall tag next year. Heard gobbling on 3 mornings and heard them do the whole fall squabble almost everyday I did a morning hunt.

Scooped up this call a couple days ago from Mike Robare

Put in an order for pot call too. Blasted Crystal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2022, 02:02:58 PM »
Wow, that's a beauty!  One of the prettiest box calls I have ever seen!   :icon_thumright:

Offline Mossberg90MN

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2022, 07:15:35 PM »
Wow, that's a beauty!  One of the prettiest box calls I have ever seen!   :icon_thumright:
Yes! Very nice looking call! When I messaged Mike Robare he said “you want a fancy one, or a plain one strictly for hunting”? I said “well… how much are the fancy ones??” Next thing you know I was placing an order for that nice looking box call, snake wood. High pitched and throaty, told him I wanted something for mountain Merriams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2022, 07:33:08 PM »
That is a real beauty….
“Solo hunter”

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2022, 07:06:44 AM »
Did a little ride, about 80 miles round trip, on black friday while the wife was shopping. I saw 100-120 turkeys, very happily surprised. One bearded hen sporting an 8" beard and a bunch of 5 old dinosaurs. That bunch will be my objective this year if they live, lol. One was noticeably bigger with a real rope swinging. I will be planning his demise for the next 5 months. Happy to see so much activity. Z