OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Getting that itch

Started by zelmo1, November 14, 2022, 10:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Flopper

Here is the big mean buck

Sent from my S62 Pro using Tapatalk

Mossberg90MN

Oh yea, the second the deer gun season comes to an end, I make a mental switch. Not that I ever fully switch over, but the day the gun season ended I began planning for spring 2023.

Saw and heard lots of turkeys this Fall. My deer hunting spot doesn't allow spring turkey hunting, but does allow fall. I saw and heard plenty of turkeys, which can be difficult in the fall! I'm definitely buying a fall tag next year. Heard gobbling on 3 mornings and heard them do the whole fall squabble almost everyday I did a morning hunt.

Scooped up this call a couple days ago from Mike Robare

Put in an order for pot call too. Blasted Crystal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

Wow, that's a beauty!  One of the prettiest box calls I have ever seen!   :icon_thumright:

Mossberg90MN

Quote from: GobbleNut on November 24, 2022, 02:02:58 PM
Wow, that's a beauty!  One of the prettiest box calls I have ever seen!   :icon_thumright:
Yes! Very nice looking call! When I messaged Mike Robare he said "you want a fancy one, or a plain one strictly for hunting"? I said "well... how much are the fancy ones??" Next thing you know I was placing an order for that nice looking box call, snake wood. High pitched and throaty, told him I wanted something for mountain Merriams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

zelmo1

Did a little ride, about 80 miles round trip, on black friday while the wife was shopping. I saw 100-120 turkeys, very happily surprised. One bearded hen sporting an 8" beard and a bunch of 5 old dinosaurs. That bunch will be my objective this year if they live, lol. One was noticeably bigger with a real rope swinging. I will be planning his demise for the next 5 months. Happy to see so much activity. Z