News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Corn trenches, how many is really enough

Started by crow, November 11, 2022, 10:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggshell

Quote from: Happy on November 23, 2022, 07:22:48 AM
Dang, I just listened to it while driving. Not a good choice. No matter how hard I pressed the gas I couldn't get away from it. Would definitely need some of that good Pennsylvania Dutch eggnog to make that bearable. I was hoping the band Southern Culture on the Skids was performing that song. That would have just been to perfect though.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

i am usually in for any new experience and rarely wish I had never tried something, but that damn video was wasted time and lost brain cells and I wish I had never clicked. I even reported it as unwatchable to youtube

EZ

Quote from: Greg Massey on November 23, 2022, 11:46:18 AM
Quote from: EZ on November 23, 2022, 11:18:22 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on November 23, 2022, 10:35:33 AM
Quote from: crow on November 23, 2022, 10:14:57 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on November 23, 2022, 08:25:04 AM
Gotta be the strangest topic we ever discussed on the forum for sure :z-dizzy:

There's been others
Check in the archives for " Northwoods Law vs Old Pro Turkey Hunter book"
This was also a serious thread, in the beginning.
BUT BUT ... Crow no one takes you seriously .... :TooFunny:

Greg, he's dead serious, lol  :o
EZ ... i guess Crow is working as an adviser for the Dept Of Agriculture in planting corn trenches ... :TooFunny:

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:   Lord only knows

crow

Quote from: eggshell on November 23, 2022, 01:02:59 PM
Quote from: Happy on November 23, 2022, 07:22:48 AM
Dang, I just listened to it while driving. Not a good choice. No matter how hard I pressed the gas I couldn't get away from it. Would definitely need some of that good Pennsylvania Dutch eggnog to make that bearable. I was hoping the band Southern Culture on the Skids was performing that song. That would have just been to perfect though.

i am usually in for any new experience and rarely wish I had never tried something, but that damn video was wasted time and lost brain cells and I wish I had never clicked. I even reported it as unwatchable to youtube

Greg forgot to tell you your supposed to play it backwards

tal

I can't watch videos. I'm finishing up trot lines, and to think of all the shells I've wasted.

Happy

Don't watch it. It should have come with one of those warnings on new anti depressant medications. May cause depression, thoughts of suicide ect.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

crow

if you play it backwards it sounds like the carpenters singing muskrat love

paboxcall

Did we ever get an answer to exactly how many are in fact enough?
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Greg Massey

Quote from: paboxcall on November 23, 2022, 08:15:56 PM
Did we ever get an answer to exactly how many are in fact enough?
NO , we are still gathering intel .......... :TooFunny:

eggshell

If an Owl can figure out how many licks to the center of a tootsie pop a crow should be able to figure out corn trenches...."3"

crow

3 makes sense, it's very hard to keep an eye on that 4th one behind you.

And any more than 3 I start losing concentration

paboxcall

Quote from: crow on November 24, 2022, 07:33:39 AM
3 makes sense, it's very hard to keep an eye on that 4th one behind you.

That makes sense.

Each one 40 yards long? Or should one make them 25 yards long so as to "bring them in close?"
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

EZ

Quote from: crow on November 23, 2022, 08:14:08 PM
if you play it backwards it sounds like the carpenters singing muskrat love

LOL......but it was "Captain & Tennille"

silvestris

It was written and performed by Willis Alan Ramsey, and is my favorite version.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

eggshell

geesh man, It's 50 yards and set your blind at the half way point, a 25 yard shot in either direction. No one learning thes younguns a thing. Ain't they teachin critical turkey hunting theory now? Turkeys are vial creatures that evolved fom dinosaurs that ate people and thus all deserve to die.

crow

Quote from: silvestris on November 24, 2022, 11:52:17 AM
It was written and performed by Willis Alan Ramsey, and is my favorite version.

Years ago, word on the street in Nashville was the big exec's put pressure on Willy and Waylon to record 
Muskrat Love.

I for one was glad they refused and started the whole outlaw movement.