turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Saturday Devotional....06/18/11 Living the Truth

Started by pappy, June 18, 2011, 10:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

First, let me say that I ussualy do not submit Saturday devotionals but I recieved a phone call from Mike who asked me to do so in his absence.
I have been examining the ins and outs of the ministry for some time now and specifically the requirements needed in order to prove our worth as messengers on this world, not to God but to man, in order to bring in the sheaves as to say, for I believe that we as Ministers, or Pastors or preachers, hold a great weight of responsibility to the Lord, and living our lives in the truth, is a must for all who profess the calling. Not to mention, if we are to disciple those who enter the House of the Lord, in the word, then we had best have all of our eggs in a row....
I looked at 1st and 2nd Timothy, the letter written to him by Paul, who had taken him under his wing, in order to continue the laboring of spreading the Gospel....THE CHARGE.....we have most all taken part in one, charging the upcoming Deacon or Pastor or Minister in their responsibilities in order to uphold their calling....
Living the Truth.....1 Tim. 1:4....Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edyfing which is faith: so do..In otherwords, stay with the program....no need to get so far out there in left field teaching things that would cause confusion within the ministry, just preach and teach the basic truth in order to edify God.
We as men of God live in a glass house, exposed 24 / 7 to a world that is constantly watching our every move. If we were to go about teaching or preaching anything that would take away from God in any way, someone will be quick to point it out....so we must live it if we are to preach it. I find this basic truth so very important, we should never give in to rumors or fables, we should never follow the leader if the leader is leading us down the path to destruction, we should consider our place in the ministry as one of priveledge and never treat it in any other fashion.
Around the 4th chapter Paul says it again, 4:6... "If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things...(everything he stated from chapter 1 to now)...thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, " and he goes right back to what he said in chapter one... "But refuse profane and old wives' fables and excercise thyself rather into godliness. For bodily excercise profiteth little; but godliness is profitable unto all things..."
I would suggest that every believer who has been called to minister to the masses, either through Pastoring or preaching or teaching or living as a laymen in Christ before the world, read and study Paul's exquisite writing to Timothy. Take it to heart, live it as a truth, become what God has expected us to become instead of being a thorn in His side. I offer this as a help not a rebuttle, out of love not self indulgence, because we all play an important part in the plan of Salvation....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

pappy

my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Thanks Jack!!

The wife and I discussed your devotional as we were traveling to see the family Saturday morning!!
The devotional was a great encouragement!!

God Bless,
David B.