OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tree That Came Down  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Tree That Came Down
« on: October 12, 2022, 10:26:41 PM »
There is this old tree that came down that happens to be the subject of one of my favorite pictures I have taken
and I would like to try to contact the owner about getting a piece to later be made into a call. My question is how long a piece should I have cut and how soon do I have to apply Anchor Seal to the ends? I honestly would not have the money to get any until next month. Thank you for the help.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline mastevt

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Find me on face book, Scott's Custom Turkey Calls
Re: Tree That Came Down
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 06:56:02 PM »
2-3 ft.  Put anchor seal on it as soon as possible.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 09:05:20 PM »
2-3 ft.  Put anchor seal on it as soon as possible.
Thanks, I thought 4 smaller would be easier to handle though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline mastevt

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Find me on face book, Scott's Custom Turkey Calls
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 07:50:46 PM »
If it's going to a mill, they're gonna want something in the 8ft or greater range.  I assume your gonna do it all yourself, so possibly running it thru a planner.  If so, 2 to 3 ft work.  Short material thru a planner doesn't work so well.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2022, 08:00:57 PM »
If it's going to a mill, they're gonna want something in the 8ft or greater range.  I assume your gonna do it all yourself, so possibly running it thru a planner.  If so, 2 to 3 ft work.  Short material thru a planner doesn't work so well.
I do not know what they are going to do with it, the couple that owned the property sold it, not I see all the hedgerows getting wiped out and I am sure that will be as well. I am in the area with the Mennonite a lot trapping but he never wants to stop because he is afraid of trouble with the critters in the back which I can understand. If I can get the wood I have somebody that I am positive will mill it for me for next to nothing, it is just a matter of getting a piece. I have Basemaps but only basic right now so I can't see the name of the new owner or I would call them and maybe offer them a print of the picture for a section of the wood.

John Koenig: