Started by BINK McCARTY, May 03, 2022, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BINK McCARTY

BINK McCARTY

Ranman

Snood Life

BINK McCARTY

Quote from: Gmed on May 03, 2022, 11:54:57 PM
If you decide to sell the .570, let me know. I shoot the Apex Ninja and I think my .562 is a little too tight....

Actually I'm lookin for an Indian Creek  .575 as well. O too have 8.5 ninjas I'm planning on trying, but if I decide to let go of it ill let you know.

BINK McCARTY

Quote from: Ranman on May 03, 2022, 11:25:22 PM
I like he .570 best..
Yea, me too. Seems my combos shoot better with a little more open choke.

mountainhunter1

What size are those two sheets of paper? It appears from the pictures that they are something like 10" x 12", but I was just curious.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

BandedSpur

I know that you know that it would be a lot easier to give an opinion if you showed us a big piece of paper with 10 and 20" circles clearly drawn. About all I can say is that the .562 appears to have a hotter core than the .570 and that both would smoke a turkey. Given that the core looks plenty hot, I would make my decision between those two chokes based on which one put the most pellets in the 10-20" ring, provided you have at least 250/10".

BINK McCARTY

Mountainhunter1 & banded spur...Anyone that knows me knows I'm the biggest advocate for shooting a large enough target. I can however ,see how these pictures portray a much different story. These targets started off life as a 35"x35" piece of paper and I cut them down because I cannot get the pictures to upload sometimes. And I don't measure inside the 20" but I do suppose I should start. In case the print is too small there are 338/10" with the  .570 & 337/10" with the  .562.
Thanks for the feedback guys!!! Keep em' comin.

mountainhunter1

Quote from: BINK McCARTY on May 26, 2022, 07:45:01 PM
Mountainhunter1 & banded spur...Anyone that knows me knows I'm the biggest advocate for shooting a large enough target. I can however ,see how these pictures portray a much different story. These targets started off life as a 35"x35" piece of paper and I cut them down because I cannot get the pictures to upload sometimes. And I don't measure inside the 20" but I do suppose I should start. In case the print is too small there are 338/10" with the  .570 & 337/10" with the  .562.

Wow, that is awesome. And that is at 44 yards as well. Either choke, you are going to smoke a lot of birds with those type patterns. Amazing that they patterned to within one pellet of each other on the ten. But Indian Creek is known for consistency. I am fixing to buy another IC, so I appreciate you sharing your work as it helps me to better know which way to  go. The .555 is just too tight for me as far as the outer twenty coverage, and I was torn between the .562 and the .570 - and after seeing your patterns and a few others with the same chokes you are shooting, I think I am going to just get a .570 with the hope to get a better coverage in the outer part of the 20 inch circle. Thanks for sharing!!
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

BINK McCARTY

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on May 30, 2022, 05:20:07 PM

Wow, that is awesome. And that is at 44 yards as well. Either choke, you are going to smoke a lot of birds with those type patterns. Amazing that they patterned to within one pellet of each other on the ten. But Indian Creek is known for consistency. I am fixing to buy another IC, so I appreciate you sharing your work as it helps me to better know which way to  go. The .555 is just too tight for me as far as the outer twenty coverage, and I was torn between the .562 and the .570 - and after seeing your patterns and a few others with the same chokes you are shooting, I think I am going to just get a .570 with the hope to get a better coverage in the outer part of the 20 inch circle. Thanks for sharing!!

Been a while since I've been on here, but I appreciate the feedback!!!

mountainhunter1

Quote from: BINK McCARTY on July 14, 2022, 05:17:01 AM
Quote from: mountainhunter1 on May 30, 2022, 05:20:07 PM

Been a while since I've been on here, but I appreciate the feedback!!!

Your gun is shooting really well, and this kind of content is the main reason I come onto this board. Appreciate you sharing your results.