turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ms Glenda Seat modification

Started by wareagle22, October 12, 2022, 12:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wareagle22

I've always loved my inner tube seat but would occasionally run into a tree with a knot or just generally rough bark right where my back hit the tree when I leaned back which made me fidget around when it started gouging my back.  I had started using a piece of foam as a backrest which was better but flattened out pretty quickly and was cumbersome to tote.  I contacted Ms Glenda with an idea I had to attach a back rest to the seat.   She was more than willing to work with me on what I wanted.   I sent her a rough sketch of what I was after and she knocked it out of the park.   1.5" closed cell foam for the back rest and buckles to be able to remove it if necessary.   Even with the backrest, it's still under 2 pounds total weight.   It also folds flat for toting in and out of the woods.   I couldn't be happier with the end result.    Ms Glenda's stuff has always been top notch and this is no exception.   Thanks again to her for working with me to get what I wanted.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

That's really neat and yes she does awesome work... She is a great friend to us turkey hunters ...

Terry

Quote from: Greg Massey on October 12, 2022, 01:45:01 PM
That's really neat and yes she does awesome work... She is a great friend to us turkey hunters ...
100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

callmakerman

Thats really nice and something I could go for.

mountainhunter1

I too have her seat and tube and a bunch other stuff she makes and it is all great. My question, - I'm assuming that she has a template now where she could make others on here a similar set up?
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Tom007

Awesome, looks like you could "nap" in that baby.....
"Solo hunter"

GobbleNut

Great idea!  I also like the idea of hemming those gobblers in with the wire fencing!   :D :newmascot:

wareagle22

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on January 17, 2023, 01:43:51 PM
I too have her seat and tube and a bunch other stuff she makes and it is all great. My question, - I'm assuming that she has a template now where she could make others on here a similar set up?

Yes, I would think so.   She built me 2 of them so she definitely has the idea of what is needed.   She can build just about anything you can imagine and is very willing to assist in design/creation.   

GobbleGitr

Comfort equals patience...great idea

Notsoyoungturk

I have one of her satchels and have always used a Turkey chair.  Would love to go lighter on the chair.  How do you carry it?  Is there a shoulder strap or backpack straps since I have no game pouch?  Great idea.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

wareagle22

Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on January 22, 2023, 10:22:47 AM
I have one of her satchels and have always used a Turkey chair.  Would love to go lighter on the chair.  How do you carry it?  Is there a shoulder strap or backpack straps since I have no game pouch?  Great idea.

It folds flat and uses the same carry strap that the inner tube seat uses.   The seat has a short strap for carrying by hand and a long shoulder strap.   I used to lug a turkey chair around as well.  This is MUCH better. 

Notsoyoungturk

Sent Glenda an email.  Hopefully, she can set me up
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear