turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Close encounters of the Rattling Kind….

Started by Tom007, October 10, 2022, 04:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Ridge Reaper

I have step over two..One didn't move cause it was so cold but the other one let me know what was going on..Its honesty a wonder you don't hear of more turkey hunters getting bit.

Seen a mouse go up a tree one day followed right behind him was a black snake..I was sat up on a bird focused in the mind set,next thing I know that snake falls from the tree and took off..Scared me tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBR12

Quote from: Tom007 on October 13, 2022, 06:18:18 AM
I guess we can sum it up that we can all do without them. If they left the planet, it would not bother me for sure...

I use to kill them now most of the time I just walk on by unless they are near my house. I definitely don't want them gone because then we would be over run with rodents. I hate a rat way worse than a snake.

Tom007

Quote from: BBR12 on October 13, 2022, 10:18:01 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on October 13, 2022, 06:18:18 AM
I guess we can sum it up that we can all do without them. If they left the planet, it would not bother me for sure...

I use to kill them now most of the time I just walk on by unless they are near my house. I definitely don't want them gone because then we would be over run with rodents. I hate a rat way worse than a snake.

Yes, If it were not for the fact the lease members wanted them to be eradicated,  I would walk on by. It's like sharks, they live in the ocean and on rare occasions have ugly encounters with swimmer's. We just have to realize they are all part of nature and learn to co-exist. Be well....
"Solo hunter"

Beards and Hooks

Wow that's wild, thank god I ain't had one of them encounters yet

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

aclawrence

Here's a couple.  I almost stepped on the one in the woods.

aclawrence

And here's a cool little Pygmy

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

WV Flopper

With a conservative guess of 3000 hours in the spring woods, I have never seen one while turkey hunting. Actually, all together, I haven't seen but maybe 10-15 in my lifetime alive.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game