turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rick Harro of Gobbler Getter calls

Started by Beards and Hooks, October 09, 2022, 10:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beards and Hooks

Hey guys recently got some awesome calls from A guy I had known about for years as he is local to me but had never tried any of his calls. His name is Rick Harro sure some of you know him, and man am I glad I did his calls are top knotch and he's a great guy.
I went over to Ricks shop to meet him and try some of his calls and it was awesome talking turkey and seeing his shop. I got a long box, hen box, and short box which are all players. I also got 3 scratch boxes the one being a handled double sided box that is all turkey. A double sided pot and a handled tongue call that are flat out awesome. A buddy on here told me I should pay Rick a visit and I'm glad he did, I feel like  I have a new buddy who is also an awesome call maker and his hunting knowledge is very helpful as well. Thanks for the look.   

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

EZ

turkey stew

3bailey3

Badger

Some really nice calls and Rick's a super guy.

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: Badger on October 09, 2022, 03:49:43 PM
Some really nice calls and Rick's a super guy.
You bet ya Badger, and his calls are as good as I have! Thanks everyone appreciate it.

callmakerman

Holy crap you really stuffed your pockets before you left his shop. Congrats on some fine calls.

310 gauge

Nice haul from another one of Pennsylvania's finest Makers! Got one of his Deadly Doubles and a Copper Pot that work nicely. Long box too. Plus he's good people!

Sir-diealot

Congratulations, they look like they will serve you well.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Yoder409

Have a couple or 3 of Rick's boxes.  They are ALL the real deal.

Rick Harro is as good a guy as you'll ever wanna meet !!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: callmakerman on October 09, 2022, 04:06:10 PM
Holy crap you really stuffed your pockets before you left his shop. Congrats on some fine calls.
Sure did Bill wish Rome we're a little closer buddy

Sim1982

Rick is as good as they come Im proud to call him my friend. What he does for the veterans every spring. He goes above and beyond for everyone just an absolute amazing guy and call maker. His long boxes and deadly doubles are always in my satchel on every hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: Sim1982 on October 10, 2022, 08:09:34 PM
Rick is as good as they come Im proud to call him my friend. What he does for the veterans every spring. He goes above and beyond for everyone just an absolute amazing guy and call maker. His long boxes and deadly doubles are always in my satchel on every hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He sure is Jamie, thanks for the heads up

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on October 09, 2022, 10:14:48 AM
Hey guys recently got some awesome calls from A guy I had known about for years as he is local to me but had never tried any of his calls. His name is Rick Harro sure some of you know him, and man am I glad I did his calls are top knotch and he's a great guy.
I went over to Ricks shop to meet him and try some of his calls and it was awesome talking turkey and seeing his shop. I got a long box, hen box, and short box which are all players. I also got 3 scratch boxes the one being a handled double sided box that is all turkey. A double sided pot and a handled tongue call that are flat out awesome. A buddy on here told me I should pay Rick a visit and I'm glad he did, I feel like  I have a new buddy who is also an awesome call maker and his hunting knowledge is very helpful as well. Thanks for the look.   

Wow, what a run brother. That is a bunch of turkey killers no doubt. I will have to call you and get the scoop on that handled scratcher and that tongue call. And If you need for me to store some of those calls for you, let me know.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Beards and Hooks

Yeah for sure Matthew, all great calls and call anytime, I have enough space but thanks