OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Anyone use trough calls for hunting?  (Read 2857 times)

Offline callmakerman

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: Anyone use trough calls for hunting?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2022, 07:42:10 AM »
Ford Mangum makes a great Aluminum, given he's still making. I think he was like 92 or so when I got mine a few years ago!!

I agree with this. I own three of Ford's troughs and two are aluminum. They sound great.

Offline Beards and Hooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2022, 09:26:50 AM »
For sure Bill got one of each slate,aluminum, and glass.

Offline Hwd silvestris

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2022, 08:58:22 PM »

You and I had a good chat about the merits of the super slate and super aluminum on the phone last year. The super aluminum and very often that wise old owl trough are two of my very favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you ever have any interest in selling that original old primos super slate I would definitely be interested.  I have the later one made from cedar but doesn’t near as good as the early ones.  I believe the early ones are made from mahogany.  So sweet!

Offline callmakerman

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2022, 07:22:57 AM »

You and I had a good chat about the merits of the super slate and super aluminum on the phone last year. The super aluminum and very often that wise old owl trough are two of my very favorites.

If you ever have any interest in selling that original old primos super slate I would definitely be interested.  I have the later one made from cedar but doesn’t near as good as the early ones.  I believe the early ones are made from mahogany.  So sweet!     I'm pretty sure the first Primos trough was the cedar. They're in the bottom of the picture. I believe that the mahogany came later as the Heritage series and the acrylic I'm not sure where they fell into the mix.