turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Seth Hamon Trumpet

Started by ol bob, October 07, 2022, 11:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctate94

Lucky to call Seth a good friend. He makes an incredible call. Mud Osage and mammoth on this he made for me. Sounds just as good as it looks. Looking forward to hunting it this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: wyetterp on January 25, 2023, 04:43:12 AM
Cocus heart wood. Very special to me & something I plan to carry into the woods every time. Also an heirloom I plan to pass down to my son. Hoping to call his first turkey with only it, so it will soak some memories & add some soul. 

Man it sounds so good out in the woods. Crazy how far it penetrates through the timber & hardwood bottoms. Even with soft notes, it sounds to me like, it carries farther than any box or pot I have.

Hunting with a trumpet is all new to me, but I already know there is something special about Seth's. Already hiding money to get another from him one day.
You started off in pole position for trumpets with that cocuswood from Seth!  We can chat if you need tips on hiding money for turkey calls.  With years of practice I've learned a lot.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

wyetterp

Quote from: Ctate94 on March 01, 2023, 09:33:27 PM

Lucky to call Seth a good friend. He makes an incredible call. Mud Osage and mammoth on this he made for me. Sounds just as good as it looks. Looking forward to hunting it this season.

Man that's sharp!!! Congrats. Love it

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on March 02, 2023, 06:17:00 AM

You started off in pole position for trumpets with that cocuswood from Seth!  We can chat if you need tips on hiding money for turkey calls.  With years of practice I've learned a lot.

Thanks! Yeah I am truly overwhelmed at even the offer. Right place at the right time. I have no plans to shelf it either. It's going in the woods with me every time. I'm on his list, again, & can't wait to see what he does next. I had a bunch of ideas, but I'm just going to ask for something he likes.  I have no doubt it will be a killer. I think if I really wanted to challenge him, which I wouldn't, I'd ask for something ugly. I don't think he could do it. Even if he did, i bet it would still be cool.

I'm pretty good at squirrelling the money away. Now if I could just figure out how to get the packages without her knowing. That's the tricky part. At least all the postal workers are used to me popping out from behind the mailbox.

Honestly she's okay with anything hunting related. She likes a full freezer. She'd be more worried about me if I started buying art for the house or decorations. Probably beg me to just go back to the hunting stuff. Lol....the back up plan!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Meleagris gallopavo

I have all my packages delivered to work.  I know that doesn't work for everyone.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

gmbellew

I got one of his trumpets just last week. I agree that it is an easy playing trumpet that has top notch craftsmanship.

wyetterp

Quote from: gmbellew on March 04, 2023, 10:57:58 PM
I got one of his trumpets just last week. I agree that it is an easy playing trumpet that has top notch craftsmanship.

Would love to see it!

wyetterp

Is page 3 of this post crashing for anyone else? 
Can't get it to load on the phone or puter. Just
shows a blank screen. Pages 1 & 2 load fine.

Posting to see if this shows or helps the broken link.