OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Seth Hamon Trumpet

Started by ol bob, October 07, 2022, 11:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

callmakerman

Very nice work from both call makers. Looking forward to my number coming up on Seth's list.

outdoors

Quote from: callmakerman on October 08, 2022, 02:15:04 PM
Very nice work from both call makers. Looking forward to my number coming up on Seth's list.
not trying to start something. , But he told me he doesn't have a list  ...,............
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

callmakerman

Quote from: outdoors on October 08, 2022, 04:39:29 PM
not trying to start something. , But he told me he doesn't have a list  ...,............
He does when it comes to the Davis yelper as he will only make 25 just like Permar did.

wyetterp

I'm wanting to know more about the tips. I love the looks of the oval brass & curious how the different styles of tips play. Any easier or harder than others?

Has anyone played a few of his with the different style tips that can fill me in on the experience?

Thanks!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Gobbler428

I only have one of Seths' trumpets and it has the oval brass tip. It feels a little different than some of the tips made from other materials but I can't tell any difference in the way it runs, Mine is a good running trumpet and you sure can't beat Seths' craftsmanship, he makes great horns. 

wyetterp

Quote from: Gobbler428 on January 17, 2023, 06:05:51 AM
I only have one of Seths' trumpets and it has the oval brass tip. It feels a little different than some of the tips made from other materials but I can't tell any difference in the way it runs, Mine is a good running trumpet and you sure can't beat Seths' craftsmanship, he makes great horns.

Perfect thanks!

turkey stew

I have oval tips on my horns from Seth. They are comfortable. I'm sure all his tips play great.

wyetterp

Man his stuff is nice! I ended up with a ultem tip. It's my first trumpet & wanted one specifically from Seth. Been lurking in the background researching for a few years now. I have to say it's way easier to play then I thought. Probably his design. I can already yelp, cluck & keekee with ease. Not purrfect of course but I just got it. Still playing around with the lip & back pressure but I can get it to play really high or low & rasp. Like I said, it's all new to me but have to say his trumpets are heirloom beautiful. Most important, easy to play for a beginner. I really love the fact I can make it high or raspy. I thought it would be a is what it is kinda thing.

First trip with it outdoors & hit it as soft as I could to hear it in the timber. Had two hens immediately talking back. One was at least 600 yards away through pines in a hardwoods creek bottom. It was pretty windy out too. I knew I had something special then. Great feeling.

Hat's off to Seth! Heck of a call. I'm addicted already.

Seth41

Quote from: callmakerman on October 08, 2022, 05:45:31 PM
Quote from: outdoors on October 08, 2022, 04:39:29 PM
He does when it comes to the Davis yelper as he will only make 25 just like Permar did.

I originally didn't have a list but as more folks asked for calls I decided to start one.
Seth Hamon
2024 Grand Nationals 1st Trumpet Tom Turpin Award
2024 Grand Nationals 2nd 2-12 Turpin Trumpet
2023 Grand Nationals 5th Place 2-12 Turpin Trumpet
2023 Grand Nationals - 2nd - Jordan Yelper
2023 Grand Nationals 2nd - Crow Call
2022 Grand Nationals 3rd Place 2-12 Turpin Trumpet
2022 Buckeye World 1st & 2nd - Crow Call
2022 Buckeye Worlds 2nd Trumpet Hunting

wyetterp

Cocus heart wood. Very special to me & something I plan to carry into the woods every time. Also an heirloom I plan to pass down to my son. Hoping to call his first turkey with only it, so it will soak some memories & add some soul. 

Man it sounds so good out in the woods. Crazy how far it penetrates through the timber & hardwood bottoms. Even with soft notes, it sounds to me like, it carries farther than any box or pot I have.

Hunting with a trumpet is all new to me, but I already know there is something special about Seth's. Already hiding money to get another from him one day.

tgilbert

wyetterp

Big congrats to Seth! He's on fire.....

"Feel blessed to have placed alongside so many great call makers at Grand Nationals. Thanks to all the volunteers and judges for their hard work.  There is a reason why it's the best call makers contest on the planet.
5th in Trumpet out of almost 50 entries. It was crazy this year.
2nd in Jordan Yelper
2nd in Crow call
1st in Decorative Trumpet
1st Best of Class II
2nd in Decorative Trumpet
1st in Decorative Crow
1st in Vintage Replica
3rd in Vintage Replica
Also just heard I was in the running for Best of show between 2 other makers but didn't get that.  It went to a well deserving maker and I'm super happy for them. "

Pics on on his FB & at the nwtf site.

Good job to the turkey pied piper!

EZ

Finally got to meet Seth at Nashville (my first trip) and run a bunch of his stuff.
Seth and his calls are top notch!!!!

tal

Quote from: EZ on February 19, 2023, 11:25:30 AM
Finally got to meet Seth at Nashville (my first trip) and run a bunch of his stuff.
Seth and his calls are top notch!!!!
I stood to the side and listened to two people who knew what they were talking about.