OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Taran Tactical Springs?  (Read 762 times)

Offline Franklin7x57

Taran Tactical Springs?
« on: September 30, 2022, 09:14:35 AM »
Looking to replace the springs in my affinity 20 gauge. There's is a hammer spring and a trigger spring, what does the hammer spring do for the trigger pull if anything? Just looking to lighten the trigger pull.

Offline lacire

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Taran Tactical Springs?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 12:19:26 PM »
I replaced just the trigger spring with the Taran Tactical in my Benelli 20 gauge. I started out with a trigger pull that was right at seven pounds and got it down to four pounds three onces. While I had it open I also polished the mating surfaces between the hammer spring cap and hammer, it was very rough. When you pull the trigger, the trigger is compressing the trigger spring but its also causing the hammer to push down on the hammer spring cap compressing the hammer spring before releasing the hammer.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline Glades

Re: Taran Tactical Springs?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 11:21:38 AM »
I have the Taran kit for my Benelli Montefeltro. I would recommend the trigger spring and a sear polish, but not the hammer spring.

Benellis are notorious for light primer strikes. I will assume Franchis are similar, since their trigger assembly is identical. The hammer spring from Taran is going to lighten up the primer strike, so be very careful, it might just cost you a bird.