OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stoeger 3020 Turkey Questions

Started by BDeal, September 23, 2022, 09:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

I'm looking for a lightweight 20 gauge and have a couple of questions about this gun:

Is it tapped for a scope?
Do they make a pistol grip for it that is simple to install?
Can you remove the front sight and hood without the need to braze or cut it off?

Thank You!

Kygobblergetter

The turkey model is tapped for optics

The stoeger 3500 pistol grip mounts right on but is a little proud. Easy enough to sand down.

The front sight is not removable on the turkey model unless willing to cut off

I love mine. It's a straight Killer with the factory choke

BDeal

Quote from: Kygobblergetter on September 23, 2022, 08:07:13 PM
The turkey model is tapped for optics

The stoeger 3500 pistol grip mounts right on but is a little proud. Easy enough to sand down.

The front sight is not removable on the turkey model unless willing to cut off

I love mine. It's a straight Killer with the factory choke

Can the big hood over the front sight be removed easily? Thanks for the info!!

WV Flopper

I would buy the Infinity today if it weren't for that stupid looking barrel and front site!

Don't these manufactures know we are styling!!!   

BDeal

Quote from: WV Flopper on September 24, 2022, 06:42:56 PM
I would buy the Infinity today if it weren't for that stupid looking barrel and front site!

Don't these manufactures know we are styling!!!

It is odd that the site isn't removeable.  That non removable site and no plug and play pistol grip will keep me from buying this gun as well.

Kygobblergetter

The hood comes off easily just not the sight post if im remembering correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kygobblergetter

Kygobblergetter

This is the best picture I can find of mine at the moment. I'll probably touch the stock up with some paint at some point but it serves its purpose

BDeal

Quote from: Kygobblergetter on September 25, 2022, 05:15:17 PM
This is the best picture I can find of mine at the moment. I'll probably touch the stock up with some paint at some point but it serves its purpose

Very Nice!!

jhoward11

How long is the barrel on that thing?

bluetick58

i have a 3020 bottomland 26" barrel  i had gunsmith drill and tap love it light and works if you dont want to drill and tap get a rib mount seems like good solid gun for price

Kygobblergetter

The turkey model is a 24 inch barrel. It's been my dedicated turkey gun for a couple years and has racked up several kills between my wife, buddy, and I

Mossberg90MN

I got the 3020.

It was not drilled and tapped for a scope/red dot. I had a local gunsmith do it for me.

I had the barrel cut down to 21" and they made it a twist on bead. Not sure if it was like that out of the factory.

It is a great gun and lightweight. I love it. I do wish the edges where the shells go in the receiver where a little more rounded out because they're a little sharp. But it hasn't been a problem. Beats carrying around my 835.

Mossberg90MN

I think they do sell a pistol grip but it's a separate order for that.

Matt76cmich

Here's my M3020 with the 12 gauge pistol grip. I've sanded on it, but not sure if I'm done removing material or not. Mine was not drilled or tapped.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk