turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New 20ga benelli (help me decide)

Started by darron, May 13, 2022, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dtrkyman

You can adjust it to shoot where you point it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ragin-cajun

Quote from: Guskie on June 02, 2022, 04:42:02 PM
My gunsmith was also hesitant to drill/tap my M2 for the scalarworks mount. He said the metal very thin for the front screws. I ended up using a sumtoy mount

i just bought a Franchi Aff3 20g predrilled/tapped. scalarworks mount w/ Aimpoint T1 is going on it as soon as it gets dipped + cerakote job.
Wild Turkey

Red vyper

Just curious which model of the retay did you purchase? Thank you

Spurs

Finished up my first year with the M2 Compact and can say I was extremely pleased.  I had been shooting an 1187 compact for several years and wanted to try a weight decrease.  Smooth shooting, POI was dead on (I still used iron sights, but that is a preference of mine), and a very consistent pattern.

Def a 100% buy it again review from me.
This year is going to suck!!!

HookedonHooks

M2 for dedicated turkey.

SBE3 for all purpose.

lacire

My son bought a SBE 3 20ga to replace his 20ga Beretta A400, we patterned it with Apex TSS #9 and point of aim was perfect over its bead. He loves the gun and has taken four turkeys with it over the last two seasons. I also shoot a Benelli but personally I would also take a look at the Franchi Affinity.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

ragin-cajun

M2. all of my benellis shoot high or "over the bead." its a european thing where the wing shooters swing the bead under the target.

for a dedicated turkey gun where you'll add a red dot with a solid mount (like Scalarworks)--- i'd buy the Franchi, which is made by Benelli. I bought a 20 Franchi because they come drilled/tapped. M2s do not and their top receiver has a thin wall. was told that by Benelli and my gunsmith....
Wild Turkey

Glades

Quote from: ragin-cajun on October 10, 2022, 08:37:17 AM
M2. all of my benellis shoot high or "over the bead." its a european thing where the wing shooters swing the bead under the target.

for a dedicated turkey gun where you'll add a red dot with a solid mount (like Scalarworks)--- i'd buy the Franchi, which is made by Benelli. I bought a 20 Franchi because they come drilled/tapped. M2s do not and their top receiver has a thin wall. was told that by Benelli and my gunsmith....

M2/Montefeltro 20ga receivers are very thick on the 1/3 towards the back. They are perfect for a sumtoy or burris mount with x2 8-40 screws.

SumToy

Quote from: Glades on October 13, 2022, 01:50:30 PM
Quote from: ragin-cajun on October 10, 2022, 08:37:17 AM

M2/Montefeltro 20ga receivers are very thick on the 1/3 towards the back. They are perfect for a sumtoy or burris mount with x2 8-40 screws.

:z-winnersmiley:

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA