turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trekking Pole or Walking Stick

Started by Greg Massey, September 19, 2022, 10:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Flopper

Black Ovis/Camo fire had 2 models on sale this morning. Their sales are short lived, if I remember correct these items are only on sale for a few more hours today.

aclawrence

Quote from: g8rvet on September 26, 2022, 05:16:44 PM
Sparkleberry makes a nice hard cane with little work.  Just have to find one shaped the way you want. Strip the bark off and let it dry.  I walked through the woods one day with a saw and cut a couple with a good shape and gave them to my dad.
What the heck is Sparkleberry?  I'm going to have to look this up. There's so many kinds of trees!  I have a staff out of cedar that is the most perfect shape. I think I could look for a lifetime and not find another like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lacire

For anybody interested see attach link below the description;

BlackOvis Crestone Collapsible Micro Carbon Trekking Poles are built for the light is right, backcountry hunter that wants to shave ounces, keep it light and fast but still rely on durability and quality in the gear he or she uses. With a collapsed length of a scant 14", when not in use these poles stow away into the smallest of pack compartments. Expanding out the three bottom sections connect to a fixed length while the upper section is adjustable up to a total pole length of 52" tall. The highly comfortable dense yet moldable foam pole grip has an extended length to accommodate multiple hand positions as the terrain kicks up and you need to choke up or adjust for safer passage. Aluminum flick locks and a lightweight minimalist adjustable wrist strap help round out features that make the Crestone carbon fiber trekking poles a must for your next backcountry adventure.

FEATURES
3 Section collapsible carbon shaft
100% Carbon fiber constructions
Multi-grip position high density foam handle
Adjustable ultra lightweight wrist strap
Aluminum flick-lock closure
Carbide tip with removable rubber cap
Hook and loop strap to secure poles together when collapsed
Usable Length: 115-130cm (46-52")
Weight per pair: 18oz
Collapsed Weight: 14"
1 year warranty

https://www.camofire.com/index.php/Deals/81
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

ChiefBubba

I just use a 1" piece of PCV pipe with caps glued to the ends. I can throw it in the back of the truck and leave it. I use about a 6 foot length. I made 2. I made it mainly for wading while duck hunting but use it in the deer woods too or hiking. Bubba

Loyalist84

Greg, I'm not well versed on trekking poles, but you might find what you're looking for in a wading staff. They usually collapse in 3 sections to about a foot in length and ride in a belt pouch, and they're fairly strong for their construction - no problem leaning on them even if you only want to use it as an assist.