OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mossberg 940 Sight Recommendation?  (Read 969 times)

Offline BushWacker24

Mossberg 940 Sight Recommendation?
« on: October 24, 2022, 07:32:29 PM »
Just ordered a new Mossberg 940 Turkey with the 18.5 barrel.  Mossberg states any sight with a shield rms footprint will line up correctly.  I’ve always ran FF3’s on my other turkey guns but am hearing Holosun may be the go to on this one such as the 507K.  Any advice on Holosun and if so which one?  How do they compare to the FF3’s? 

Thanks

Offline Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
Re: Mossberg 940 Sight Recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 07:45:21 PM »
I love my Holosun sights! I have a 507 and 407, can’t remember the letters in the names. I will say the round circle reticle of the 507 wasn’t for me, so my next one was the 407. Great sights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 08:38:21 PM »
Holosun 507k has a 32 MOA circle with a 2 MOA in the center.

Holosun 407k had a 6 MOA dot.

I personally love my 507k on mine.

Mossberg recommends Holosun on them and is what they have on display models at shows but there is other brands that have the same RMSc microdot footprint and will fit without an adapter plate such as the Shield or Swampfox Sentinel.

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 09:07:02 AM »
Burris or Holosun work good.   Now with the 940 you can run any sight on it just need to order a mount for them.    :icon_thumright:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2022, 11:36:09 AM »
Burris or Holosun work good.   Now with the 940 you can run any sight on it just need to order a mount for them.    :icon_thumright:
Not taking advantage of the recessed mount using an optic that does not fit the RSMc footprint would be silly, but if you have an optic you really like already not in that mount the adapter plates are always an option it will just no longer co-witness with the bead and will hang off the edges of the contour of the receiver. The way the RSMc footprint optics mount up is extremely sleek but being a microdot will have a smaller optic window so I do understand it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Offline Glades

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2022, 12:36:20 PM »
Holosun 507k is twice the price of an FF3 (FF3 is $150-160) and doesn’t have much of a warranty (covered for only defects in manufacturing). Me personally, don’t see spending an extra $150 for a product that the company won’t warranty if you damage it. But that’s just me.

Offline BushWacker24

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 07:23:17 PM »
How do you like the 570K compared to the FF3?  I have an FF3 on my other guns but have never had a Holosun.