OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

It's been 6 weeks since surgery....

Started by mastevt, August 29, 2022, 09:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastevt

Well, it's been 6 weeks now since surgery.  Physical therapy has now kicked up a notch.  Shoulder feels pretty sore afterwards, but in a good way.  I'm using the arm more and more.  Enough that I had a good customer wanting a Cherry Glass Trough Call,  so I put this one together for him.  I already had the 2 halves made, so it was just a matter of gluing it up and doing the finish work.  This one is made from a very limited supply of old growth Cherry that I have that's over a 100 years old.  Thanks for looking!

https://youtu.be/4EotTTPAjwU

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

sbbow

Nice work Scott!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Nice work.  Liking that piece of wood.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

captpete

Nice looking/sounding call. Good to hear the shoulder is coming along. I can sympathize with you on therapy. I had shoulder surgery(3rd time) 3 months ago and have about another month to go before I can return to work. Therapy have gotten more strenuous, but less painful.

Sir-diealot

Very nice looking and sounding call.

Just be sure not to overdo it with that shoulder. I have had 3 shoulder surgeries and looks like I will need a third for sure on the left shoulder and a second seems likely on the right. My left shoulder was doing great till I tripped on my way to physical therapy of all places and fell and landed on it. It has not been the same since.

Just do all the stretches and exercises and don't take walking lessons from me and you will be fine.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

mastevt

Wow.  With all the pain that comes with this surgery,  I would not want to another one!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: mastevt on August 30, 2022, 03:33:50 PM
Wow.  With all the pain that comes with this surgery,  I would not want to another one!
What can I say, I'm a walking accident.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

fishr64

Nice call Scott! Glad to hear that you're mending well.

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Sim1982

Beautiful trough and sounds great love the glass surface you don't see that much on a trough

Badger

EZ