turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Davis call

Started by callmakerman, September 02, 2022, 02:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

Very cool. One of these days I'm gonna find me a maker to make a Davis call to his specs and with the infamous carrying tube. Basically an exact replica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ol bob

The tube was harder to make than the call for me.

MossyOak92

Beautiful call.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

fishr64

Another nice looking call Bill!!

callmakerman

Quote from: Zobo on September 02, 2022, 07:46:06 PM
Interesting you/he used a .257 Roberts casing, any significance to that or just because the 6.5mm fit the wing bone right? Or was it because it's age appropriate, the Robert's being developed in the 1920s from the great Mauser cartridge
I used what Davis had listed in his vague instructions. He also listed a couple of 30 caliber shells if the 257 wasn't available.

gobrunner

callmakerman

Quote from: Terry on September 02, 2022, 08:27:57 PM
Very cool. One of these days I'm gonna find me a maker to make a Davis call to his specs and with the infamous carrying tube. Basically an exact replica
Seth Hamon is the only one that I know of at this time who's going to do a limited run. You will be able to buy it with or without the tube.

callmakerman

Quote from: ol bob on September 02, 2022, 08:48:20 PM
The tube was harder to make than the call for me.
I'm going to make a bamboo tube for it and not mess with the Davis tube.

ol bob

Quote from: callmakerman on September 03, 2022, 06:50:42 AM
Quote from: Zobo on September 02, 2022, 07:46:06 PM
Interesting you/he used a .257 Roberts casing, any significance to that or just because the 6.5mm fit the wing bone right? Or was it because it's age appropriate, the Robert's being developed in the 1920s from the great Mauser cartridge
I used what Davis had listed in his vague instructions. He also listed a couple of 30 caliber shells if the 257 wasn't available.
Mr. Davis made his with a .257 Roberts, so if you are going to make a true copy that's what you need to use.

Sir-diealot

That's a neat looking one, would love to hear it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

GobbleGitr

Great to finally see the finished product Bill-love the lines of a Davis call.  Sleek!

Chuck1443

Sharp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EZ

That really turned out great Bill. I can hear the whistles now!!!!