Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Devotional Friday 6/17/2011 " Hide and Seek"

Started by BOFF, June 16, 2011, 11:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

When I write "Hide and Seek", the majority of us will think back to our younger years when we used to play a game in which we hid from our friends. It hasn't been too long since I played with my daughter, but in reality, according to God's word, we should be playing it daily.

Isaiah 55:6 (NIV1984)

6 Seek the LORD while he may be found;
   call on him while he is near.

Fortunately for us, God is readily waiting to show himself to us. For the most part, we must be the ones searching for Him, through daily reading of his word, prayer/meditation, and a willingness to be open to the Holy Spirit and its guidance. Since God will be with us wherever we go (Joshua 1:9 (NIV),  9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.),  he may be found daily, and we are to seek him daily.

Have you had your quiet time today? Did you delve into God's Word yet? He is waiting!!!

Heavenly Father,

I thank you for readily showing yourself to us through your scriptures, prayer, and guidance through the Holy Spirit. Forgive me of my lack of devotion to you this week in searching you out in my quiet times. Help us all to be spoken to abundantly today, and this weekend, through our seeking you in our quiet times. May your voice be loud, easily distinguished from all the external environment and distractions we face. May we use your guidance for your glory, and not our own.

For it is in Jesus name I ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

Amen to that David!! Great devotional!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

lightsoutcalls

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

pappy

David, I loved that game as a child, and enjoy even today with the grandchildren, and remember playing it with God.....your devotional hit a very basic truth, He is waiting........no need to play games any more, just take the time to sit down and have a little talk with Jesus !
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

turkey slayer