OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rosewood LF Cox pot call

Started by drenalinld, August 16, 2022, 10:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

Picked up this Frank Cox pot call last week. Brazilian Rosewood pot. Glass over slate double side pot. Cocobolo and Ebony strikers with silver ferrules and ivory buttons. Elephant hide case. Compliments the cocobolo pot and rosewood striker with alligator case I got last year quite nicely. My apologies for my poor photography skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Greg Massey

turkey stew

Sharp looking pots and strikers.

HookedonHooks

Nice looking polished turds. Congrats.

drenalinld

So you have played one or held one to check out the craftsmanship?

HookedonHooks

Quote from: drenalinld on August 17, 2022, 08:18:27 AM

I have indeed played one and know that he doesn't build half the pot most makers that excel in that arena currently make. Maybe one day he'll figure them out. They do sound better than his $2500 box calls, and for only half the price!

Congrats again on the pickups.

drenalinld

Ok.

gobrunner

Zobo

Quote from: HookedonHooks on August 17, 2022, 08:22:47 AM
Quote from: drenalinld on August 17, 2022, 08:18:27 AM

I have indeed played one and know that he doesn't build half the pot most makers that excel in that arena currently make. Maybe one day he'll figure them out. They do sound better than his $2500 box calls, and for only half the price!

Are you saying those pots cost $1,250?!!! :z-dizzy: I hope you're kidding, but if you're not at least you're getting service with a smile from what I hear.

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

davisd9

Congratulations David. They are beautiful calls with some special rarities to them. Not sure why people that have an issue with a maker need to bring it to the owner but hopefully it makes them feel better and sleep better over the situation. I know in your hands many gobblers will meet their end.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

HookedonHooks

Quote from: davisd9 on August 17, 2022, 06:33:44 PM
Congratulations David. They are beautiful calls with some special rarities to them. Not sure why people that have an issue with a maker need to bring it to the owner but hopefully it makes them feel better and sleep better over the situation. I know in your hands many gobblers will meet their end.
Nothing against David at all, in fact I congratulated him multiple times for adding such rare calls to his collection and that was genuine.

Not sure why you felt the need to place your :z-twocents: regarding the situation, maybe it'll help you feel and or sleep better  ??? Weird behavior for someone following your own line of logic. Hopefully it helps.  :icon_thumright:

Zobo

I have no issue with the owner at all, nor really the maker for that matter. Never personally dealt with him. I was just shocked at the numbers. And I appreciate the honest info proffered and the posts.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

outdoornut

Nice calls, I have a cocobolo one.It sounds great and will remain in my vest .I  have over 100 pots and it sounds as good as any I have and better than most.
Quality and Craftmanship is never an issue with Frank's calls.
Congratulations on a beautiful set of calls!

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

idratherb

rem 300

Very nice! They will do the work for sure!