OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Beards and Hooks  (Read 1260 times)

Offline mountainhunter1

• The Boss Gobbler
Beards and Hooks
« on: August 14, 2022, 08:18:29 PM »
I just wanted to give a shout out to Beards and Hooks for helping me to get hooked up with several solid scratch box makers. I had broken my favorite and last good scratcher in the woods this past spring and had no idea who currently makes good ones (the gentleman I used before has since retired). Anyway, Beards and Hooks really helped me out and I just wanted to give credit where credit is due and express my appreciation for his help. He certainly knows his scratchers.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Offline Beards and Hooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
Re: Beards and Hooks
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 08:57:05 PM »
Hey Matthew, no problem had fun every minute chatting with you, you've tipped me off as well to scratchboxes you like that I've picked up. Wanted to apologize for it taking so long before I replied as well, I don't come on the scratch box board as much as I should, it get less activity and I didn't even notice this till today.
  Alot of guys on this message board have helped me out when it came to scratchboxes, and have alot more knowledge on them than I do. Just got another S&S scratch box today from a friend on here, mahogany sb, had 8 others from Al and Josh but none with that sb. Sounds amazing just like the others

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Offline SS Calls

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
  • Southwest Virginia
    • SS Custom Calls
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 07:48:07 PM »
Hey Matthew, no problem had fun every minute chatting with you, you've tipped me off as well to scratchboxes you like that I've picked up. Wanted to apologize for it taking so long before I replied as well, I don't come on the scratch box board as much as I should, it get less activity and I didn't even notice this till today.
  Alot of guys on this message board have helped me out when it came to scratchboxes, and have alot more knowledge on them than I do. Just got another S&S scratch box today from a friend on here, mahogany sb, had 8 others from Al and Josh but none with that sb. Sounds amazing just like the others

Thanks for the nice words! Really appreciate it. Sure glad you like the calls you have.

Offline Beards and Hooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 07:20:03 PM »

Thanks for the nice words! Really appreciate it. Sure glad you like the calls you have.
For sure Al, really love all the scratchboxes and short boxes I've gotten from you and Josh. I been in the dark on mahogany as a soundboard, have really come to appreciate it more and more the last six months or so.

Offline SS Calls

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
  • Southwest Virginia
    • SS Custom Calls
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2022, 08:25:39 PM »

For sure Al, really love all the scratchboxes and short boxes I've gotten from you and Josh. I been in the dark on mahogany as a soundboard, have really come to appreciate it more and more the last six months or so.

Mahogany makes a good sound board! Again, thanks!