turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Very nice day yesterday

Started by Yoder409, August 08, 2022, 09:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Me and my younger son left early yesterday morning and made the run out to see our buddy Marlin.  Had a GREAT visit !!! Talked turkey......turkey calls.......deer.......dogs......bears......and about a thousand other things. Rode around in the Gator and checked a bunch of food plots. And the best bonus every time I go there......... I get to run about 100 of the best sounding box calls you'll ever hold in your hand. The hard part is deciding which one(s) to bring home. Yesterday, only one followed me home. A mahogany one-sider with a beech paddle. UNREAL sound !!! But there was another one.......a paddle caller that I may call up and have him mail it to me. It was probably the best running paddle caller I ever held.

Then for the bonus round !!! Stopped at an ABC store on the way home and scored 4 bottles of a bourbon that I'll never lay eyes on in my home state. Win, win !!!

Long day. Lotta miles on the truck. But a GREAT visit with a GREAT guy.  Great day !!!!!!!

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Greg Massey

3bailey3

paboxcall

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Nice, that's a sweet one sided!
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

JeffC

Lucky man, hope you picked up a lottery ticket! Hope you get a hold of that "special " call before it disappears!! Great memories with your son.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

PharmHunter

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

sixbird

Wow! Gorgeous call!
Love those onesiders and Marlin makes some great ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Quote from: JeffC on August 09, 2022, 08:09:21 AM
Lucky man, hope you picked up a lottery ticket! Hope you get a hold of that "special " call before it disappears!! Great memories with your son.

Finding the bourbon was just LIKE winning the lottery.  But, dang.......... I shoulda bought a ticket.  LOL !!

And I talked to Marlin last night and again this morning.   That paddle caller went in the mail today.  I wasn't gonna be able to sleep til it was mine.    :z-dizzy:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Zobo

That's awesome, great memories, that's a special call you came home with, every time you use it you'll remember that day
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Turkeybutt

Sounds like a great day!  Congrats on two great calls and spending time with your son and Marlin.

Sim1982

That's a fine looking one sider im gonna have to add one of them to my collection I have a pile of fiddle boxes now it's time to add some misfits and one siders to the collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Quote from: Yoder409 on August 09, 2022, 11:08:41 AMAnd I talked to Marlin last night and again this morning.   That paddle caller went in the mail today.  I wasn't gonna be able to sleep til it was mine.    :z-dizzy:

It came in today's mail !!!    :z-guntootsmiley:

I can sleep again.    :toothy9:
PA elitist since 1979