OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Choke for Henry 20ga

Started by Snoody Bastid, August 06, 2022, 02:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoody Bastid

I'm thinking about picking up a Henry 20ga single shot. Can anyone who owns one advise what choke they're using? I'll be shooting Fed TSS 9's or possibly Apex 9's.
Thanks in advance.

Snoody Bastid

Nobody? Whoa, rough crowd lol.
I know there was a guy here with this gun using an Apex/I.C. choke with good results. If I do buy the gun I guess I'll just play the choke tube trial & error game.

davisd9

I have strongly considered buy one if if I did I would go with an IC 562 to start off with my hand loads. What has kept me from pulling the trigger on one is I have not seen enough reports to know if they shoot POA. I do not want to buy it and then figure out how to get it shooting straight. If it had a rib on it I would be able to give you my results.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WV Ridge Reaper

I have a 410..so what I can tell you is only gonna help so much

First things first then gun itself is really well made..it's made in America it a Henry a little pride was taking..trigger is good out of the box

The 410 runs a invector style thread again this may be different with you.

I would look at IC and Jebs chokes

I have the brass model,just wanted something a little different then the crowd but I do like the gun very much..I did have to have it drilled and tapped for a dot.

I'd check out YouTube lots of reviews on guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I know a call builder who uses one .. his name is Eric Crouse from Enville Tennessee .. he's on facebook... now i'm not sure if it's 12 or 20 ga.. but i think at one time they had a recall on the guns for accidental firing or something in that order ...

Snoody Bastid

Thanks for all the replies & insight guys. Yeah, I knew about the recall, I'm looking at a newly manufactured model for that reason. The lack of POA/POI adjustment is concerning though. From what little info I could find (from online reviews), it seems they were all hitting POA.
Thanks again..

longbow2240

I shoot a TruLock Pinhoti .585 in mine
Shooting Apex #9's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

longbow2240

TruLock .585Apex 9's at 40 yards

longbow2240

Apex/IC .560, Apex #9's at 40